Tree Peonie Rose Peeking Out

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looks quite bashful, don't you think? Last year there was only one flower, hopefully he/she will have some company this season. This tree Peonie has been in for 3 years and disappears amongst the daffodils for a while. The first year I thought it had died but thankfully not. It certainly looked like it but that's it's habit so,I've found out. I followed the instructions when I planted it, a lot of rigmarole which I have forgotten, but well worth it. Very pretty flower.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol, it does look like it's peeking out :p Cheeky rose! By the way, that plant near the left corner... is that a jacobea maritima? It's been a long time since I see one, I had one a very log time ago when I was just starting to really like gardening :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh wow, the tree looks beautiful and the shape of the leaves are also pretty. I hope more flowers will bloom for you. They must be heavenly with their scent?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's very, very pretty!:)
My mother was growing peonies, but they looked completely different. The flowers were dark pink and leaves had a different shape. Maybe it wasn't the same variety.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks IcyBC...I'll go have a sniff in the morning, well it is morning 4.00 a.m.so in the daylight.:p
There's tons of peonies apparently Claudine. Mine is a Tree Peonie. I've forgotten it's name and I've just thought I could easily take a photo to the nursery where I bought it and ask for it's name. Thank you, it really is a very soft pretty flower:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't know the name of my mom's peonies and I'm pretty sure she didn't know it either;) To be honest, I had no idea there are many varieties of those lovely flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Very health looking peonies tree , I have 3 that have gone to sleep for the winter,I'll know when is spring because they start to grow right after the last frost.
Claudine, The peonies that you Mother grew die back to the ground every fall, the peonies tree is a woody cousin to the regular garden peonies. they don't need to be cut back the new leaves grow off the old wood as well as any new ones. Their not really a tree but a woody shrub, I think their easier to grow and care for.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lol, it does look like it's peeking out :p Cheeky rose! By the way, that plant near the left corner... is that a jacobea maritima? It's been a long time since I see one, I had one a very log time ago when I was just starting to really like gardening :)
It's a Dusty Miller in the left hand corner, it has silver foliage and yellow flowers. Grows really well from cuttings so I do have it around my garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Very health looking peonies tree , I have 3 that have gone to sleep for the winter,I'll know when is spring because they start to grow right after the last frost.
Claudine, The peonies that you Mother grew die back to the ground every fall, the peonies tree is a woody cousin to the regular garden peonies. they don't need to be cut back the new leaves grow off the old wood as well as any new ones. Their not really a tree but a woody shrub, I think their easier to grow and care for.
Yes, that's true, they do die back to the ground every fall:) Right now, they don't look to pretty, so I'm looking forward to seeing them bloom again in spring.
I'd love to grow a tree peonie too:) How often does it bloom?

Ask a Question