Tree Peonie ID Please

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20181015_155043.jpg
Would anyone know what tree peonie this one is. The flowers are the size of my hand, I'm 5'2" so they're not man size hands:) but still impressive, the flowers that is!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's almost certainly Japanese as DirtMechanic has said. I was looking at 'Leda' but I think Keiko Itoh 'Adored' is a better match.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Sheal . It does look like a match(y).
Several branches are lying close to the ground. I blamed the mass of daffodils growing under it for weighing them down and was preparing to tie them up. However after doing a bit of researsh I discover there are upright, spreading and semi spreading tree peonies so if Adored is a spreading one it's fine, if its a semi spreading maybe the daffodils en masse may have effected its growth. Any input would be greatly appreciated .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm.... I don't think the daffodils would affect it but if you're worried about those then you could move them. It looks healthy and happy where it is so I would suggest it's a spreading peony in preference to upright. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hmmm.... I don't think the daffodils would affect it but if you're worried about those then you could move them. It looks healthy and happy where it is so I would suggest it's a spreading peony in preference to upright. :)
Thanks Sheal. I'm sure you're right about the my peonie being a spreading type. And that the daffodils aren't a problem. I do want to move them to another spot but soooo many jobs to do before summer sets in so I've got a feeling they'll be staying put till next year.

Ask a Question