Rabbit Welfare

Reaction score
Also nice to hear, but according to this, 99% of meat in the USA is factory farmed :(

http://www.farmforward.com/farming-forward/factory-farming
MMMmmm... there is something odd here. It would cost a fortune to house all of those cattle in confinement.

I suspect that they are figuring the numbers of animals in those figures. One confined chicken to one free cow equals a 50% confinement rate, done that way.

Reaction score
It's great that this girl is helping to bring awareness to this as well as Zigs for taking a picture and helping to spread the word. I think if more people were aware and protested especially about the farming industry (demanding products that were certified humane) I think they would start making some changes. It's going to be an uphill battle though because I have tried looking for certified humane products myself and you can't hardly find any and if you do of course they are more expensive. Certified humane products ( where the animals are treated humanely during processing) need to be made more widely available and at affordable prices.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion there is no such thing as humane slaughter. So if you buy meat, it's always meat of an animal that wanted to live, yet died in suffer so people were able to eat ham or sausages or something. It breaks my heart when I think about it.
As for living in a cage, where an animal can walk only a step or two, I'm not sure if it's better than dying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very good point about rabbits needing space to run about zigs. We were in a pet shop the other day and saw two gorgeous rabbits, and we said that if our lawn is still in a pickle next year then we should just convert it to a rabbit run!! :D

Ask a Question