Rabbits I cant get rid of them [Heip]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have read many suggestions online but i don't know which one actually works. I tried Rabbit Out but after a rain if i don't respray they are back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do something that is considered unpopular because no matter what we would put down the rabbits would eat what we had planted, and the answer is a pellet gun. Trust me we have tried putting down netting, coyote urine, pepper spray, fencing, and a lot more and it never worked. Sometimes the best way is to just get rid of the problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I never see them.I do have a pellet gun but the must be doing there damage at night.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have a rabbit problem, a small problem but still a problem. We fenced in the small vegetable bed and put all the rabbit-attractive vegetables there. It has about 12" of chicken wire buried in the ground, and the fence is 3' tall (those bunnies can jump!). So far it's worked.
If my Dr. Doolittle husband would stop picking up baby bunnies and putting them safely out of the way of the mower, we might not have a problem.:mad:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
there's ultrasonic animal repellers specifically designed for rabbits on the marked, use them they're not actually that expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have read many suggestions online but i don't know which one actually works. I tried Rabbit Out but after a rain if i don't respray they are back.
Actually I forgot the the store I work at sells motion detector sprinklers. They go for about 40 dollars. They work really well, but the only downside is forgetting to turn it off when you go outside

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
There are quite a number of methods of controlling rabbits and they differ in their civility and effectiveness. One deterrent is clearing bushes around your farm where rabbits create warrens. There are two other effective methods which you can do a bit of research and these are use of a pindone, aerial and ground baiting. Try to be as humane as possible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It has about 12" of chicken wire buried in the ground, and the fence is 3' tall (those bunnies can jump!). So far it's worked.

I'd been thinking that if I had a rabbit problem, I might invest in a cage large enough for my garden and tall enough for one foot of it to be underground and the above-ground tall enough to walk in. How well does chicken wire handle the underground?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
This is the third year for the chicken wire and it's still there, doing its job! I've seen evidence of frustrated digging (probably an opossum) but no one has gotten over or under the fence yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have a PHD in handiology
Country
United States
Be careful shooting them. In some cities and states its some heafty jail time to shoot rabbits even with a pellet gun out of season. And an even heavier punishment for shooting them in town. Check your local laws.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd say yes, be careful with the pellet gun and make sure to check the laws where you are. No one wants to go to jail because of a bunny even if they are cute. I'm planting my garden in a greenhouse so we'll see if the rabbits find their way in. I've seen a rabbit roaming around but we also have coyotes in the area so it may not stick around for too long. I'll keep the chicken wire in mind though since the rabbits can and will dig even if it's a greenhouse.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Yes like @Autumn_Hearthwitch said, in some places it may be illegal to kill them. However in some places, like Australia they are considered pests. So really make sure before you start hunting any of them. Also I have used traps to get rid of them. I set baited traps that have doors that fall in place when they enter. I then give them to the local humane society. This doesn't keep all of them away but I definitely have less of them around.

Ask a Question