Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I didn't bother watching Grand Designs last night alp; the short description in the TV times was enough to put us off. :(

It's amazing how these people can obtain huge mortgages for something they want rather than they need whereas many struggling families can't obtain a smaller mortgage for something they really need. The whole world seems upside down these days. Would they obtain such a mortgage without being the subject of a TV programme?

Flat roofs are definitely bad news whatever they are covered with; moss isn't welcome on roofs yet how many are following like sheep and adding sedum to their roofs; I'm sure if one person had a pile of manure dumped on their front room carpet saying it's the in-thing then others would do likewise.

We want nothing on our roof with the exception of a chimney; no solar panels at all which I don't trust feeling they are just something else to go wrong. In say five years time how much money will it cost in maintenance alone for one of these huge houses. I think Grand Designs is now breeding sheer stupidity but as I've said previously the person spending the money calls the tunes so although I'm very unimpressed by many of these houses I really shouldn't criticise after all we aren't forced to watch the program. (y)

Here's something I find much more interesting and something I can relate to;

Kind regards, Colin.
@Colin I watch homes under the hammer, it's a down to earth program. It's on at 10.am Monday to Friday, i always record it and watch it in the evening.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Mollie, my son said and the couple was encouraged to do a live kiss, again!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
He'd have to or he'd appear not to be a gentleman .. Hehe . whatever this kiss meant..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby's told me who is in the dance off. Davood and Alex. I knew that the choreography wasn't very good with Davood and the music wasn't brilliant. Alex hasn't got the public support.

There's going to be 4 in the final.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Are you serious? I thought it was Mollie! Alex cries once too many and her face was full of exaggerations.. Can you believe it when Davood said he had never danced.. ?! Yeah, right!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I have just watched;

At first we thought it was going to be a nasty movie but it turned out to be an excellent feel good movie with a good story.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The new girl is an eyecandy.. Well, a lot of brouhaha about fixing. Joe is a dark horse as he'snot so famous. So many semi professionals this year. Before I like watching it because of the funny remarks and the whole idea of JOURNEY pleases me. Not much of JOURNEY here. One things is sure - Burke won't win!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
No Alex won't win it, she hasn't got the support from the public. But if she's in the dance off, one of the others will have to go instead and that's a shame.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Could a contest between Debbie and Joe and in that cases, Joe will probably get the public vote.

Ask a Question