creepy watch chain..

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I decided to plant new watch chain(crassula muscosa) cuttings with firestick cactus.. Behold, I have never seen this happens where it is creeping closely to the branch and I am still observing this if it will keep itself attached. I thought this was just a coincidence at first but the more it is growing the more it is keeping itself attached like a snake. Why is this do you think? Trying to research this but unable to find any references..
59ADF012-FDB1-4A45-8B8F-687A5CAA7AF4.jpeg

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's where your light source is .. Plants tend to lean towards the light/sun .. perhaps, just perhaps ..or it is a climber!

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I dont think that is the case because this is smack in the middle of the shelf.. And this one is going to opposite direction.. ^_^
IMG_3842.JPG
IMG_3835.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It just creeps me out, look like centipede.:alien::ROFLMAO:
Can you get a top view angle of the plant, I think other bigger plant branch might be in its way.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think they are just stretching towards the most favourable positions for growth, could be moisture, heat, or sunshine. Mostly sunshine or light though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
That's interesting. I have a firestick plant that I got from a neighbor that use to keep it in an old broken pot in the shade; she asked me if I wanted it, so I took it. I liked the color and decided it would look good under my yuccas (given to me by another neighbor).

Since planting it in the ground in a sunny spot I've noticed a lot of growth from the tips of the branches, but I will have to look closer to see if I see something similar as in the OP's photos.

EDIT::oops: I just noticed that this was a result of cuttings, so I guess I won't see what's in the OP's photo...I really need to read more and look less at the photos:censored::D

Last edited:

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
That's interesting. I have a firestick plant that I got from a neighbor that use to keep it in an old broken pot in the shade; she asked me if I wanted it, so I took it. I liked the color and decided it would look good under my yuccas (given to me by another neighbor).

Since planting it in the ground in a sunny spot I've noticed a lot of growth from the tips of the branches, but I will have to look closer to see if I see something similar as in the OP's photos.

EDIT::oops: I just noticed that this was a result of cuttings, so I guess I won't see what's in the OP's photo...I really need to read more and look less at the photos:censored::D

It needs a colder temperature like 40F to low 50's and full sun in order to turn red on their tips.. Mine was a cutting on all green pot..and the three branches in the middle are new but I keep this indoor with temperature 65F to 72F. :)

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I was able to bring the "Firestorm" out of a sedum firestorm indoor. When I bought this, it has brown tips and highlights. When I brought it indoors, the brown tips slightly disappearing. Then I upgraded my grow light over a month ago and this turns flaming red.
21427191_1542870109089764_1318752889065752451_o.jpg
23845826_1619082111468563_1514809428431339647_o.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
They are lovely.. More colours, more interesting. I especially like the horse shoe next to the fairy ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Rey, you're spoiling Raj .. Nice view though, so different from the side show! I have just started mine with 3 little pieces of houseleeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It seems it might have given root into it/ fused:eek:, I would not be surprised now if crassula muscosa start to grow independently on firestick:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question