10 Creepy Plants

Reaction score
I found an article online about 10 of the creepiest plants on earth. I found it really funny and interesting.

My favorite has to be the tenth one. I cannot really imagine something as creepy as that. It looks like it came straight out of a Stephen King novel. Plus, it oozes this red blood-like substance. I am confused on whether I should poke it with a stick or run away from it.

How about you guys? Which is your favorite? Do you know of another creepy-looking plant that wasn't on the list?

Reaction score
Doll's eyes!!!!! LOL... The first one is soooooooooooooooo hilarious!!!!! I wonder what that little dude tastes like!!!!! Would like to give him a very good bite! Hahahs, yikes! Interesting plant... no doubt about it. Reminds me of those creatures from Pam's Labyrinth!

41411.jpg

41413.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This article is very interesting, thank you for sharing it, Cheesy Potatoes.
All of those plants are so creepy and weird!:eek: Unfortunately, none of them grows in my area, I've never seen them in person.
My favorite are devil's claws:

41399.jpg

Reaction score
I think the black batflowers are kind of pretty in a spooky way, like something Morticia Addams would have at her wedding. I hate the bleeding tooth fungus. It looks so evil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think the black batflowers are kind of pretty in a spooky way, like something Morticia Addams would have at her wedding. I hate the bleeding tooth fungus. It looks so evil.
Actually, the bleeding tooth fungus reminds me of gummy bears and raspberry syrup. In my opinion it looks like a really weird dessert that could be served on Halloween, haha. I'm pretty sure all children would like to try it;)

Reaction score
I found an article online about 10 of the creepiest plants on earth. I found it really funny and interesting.

My favorite has to be the tenth one. I cannot really imagine something as creepy as that. It looks like it came straight out of a Stephen King novel. Plus, it oozes this red blood-like substance. I am confused on whether I should poke it with a stick or run away from it.

How about you guys? Which is your favorite? Do you know of another creepy-looking plant that wasn't on the list?

I like Buddhas head and the bat plant. I bet the last human looking one is fake. Isn't there some kind of plant whose flower smells like rotting flesh... What am I thinking of? Saw it on tv I think. Anyway thanks for sharing such a freaking bunch of plants. Isn't nature wonderful haha

Reaction score
Doll's eyes!!!!! LOL... The first one is soooooooooooooooo hilarious!!!!! I wonder what that little dude tastes like!!!!! Would like to give him a very good bite! Hahahs, yikes! Interesting plant... no doubt about it. Reminds me of those creatures from Pam's Labyrinth!

41411.jpg

41413.jpg

The little creature in Pan's Labyrinth was a mandrake root and they do look kind of human.

Here's the animatronic mandrake root that was used in the movie.

Reaction score
Where is it that you live? You certainly have some peculiar plants wherever it is! Fascinating to look at though, thanks for sharing the pix.

Reaction score
The little creature in Pan's Labyrinth was a mandrake root and they do look kind of human.

Here's the animatronic mandrake root that was used in the movie.

Yeah, just like the one seen in one of the Harry Potter's films. I never thought there wee plants that looked so much like a little person, lol. The one in the article really looks like a small person!

Reaction score
OMG. Number 2 is crazy. How the heck do they even grow that way. It's crazy that they look so much like people. It's just odd and weird, yet crazy and cool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are some creepy plants for sure! When I was a kid, there was this tree we all used to go to called the upside down tree. It looked like it was growing upside down like out of a horror movie. I don't know what kind of a tree it was though.

Ask a Question