Oyster mushrooms? creepy mycillia??

cat

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
hi, my son's preschool has send home a huge clump of oyster mushrooms to grow at home and had directions to sprinkle water on it every day and store it somewhere dark and warm. about 18 hours ago, I put it in the cupboard and this morning when i checked on it, it had grown hairy spikes from the undersides of the caps that look like spider legs. I've read all about mycillia but I haven't seen anything about it growing from the caps. It really does look like dust caught in a cobweb. I will post a picture shortly so you can join in my confusion (hopefully YOU wont be confused!).
IMG_8350.JPG
IMG_8349.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
When I worked on a mushroom farm one of the neighbouring farms tried growing Oyster mushrooms inside, they had the same problem, spawn growing all over things, including a huge clump of it forming round the extractor fan.

All the workers came down with flu like symptoms as well, it really shouldn't be grown indoors, best way to grow it is on logs outside.

I can see it's already spread to the dish, you might want to check the cupboard to see what else it's trying to grow on
1yikestkt.gif

Ask a Question