Programmes To Watch

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@DeborahJane yes you've got the name right, she's very good. Think there doing another series. Watched the launch show of SCD. They payed tribute to SR. Bruce. Tess Daly got very emotional when she was talking about him.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm watching Blood and gold: The making of Spain with Simon Sebag Montiofore .. Lovely stuff .. but I dozed off from time to time and had to drag the progress bar again and again to hear what was missed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Not up to speed I'm afraid Logan.Please tell what SCD stands for and who SR. Bruce is ? I'm wracking my brain but the penny isn't dropping. Don't know Tess Daley either o_O

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bruce Forsyth was the presenter and he died recently. He was well-known for this waspish put downs and sense of humour. Quite a few people didn't like him. Tess Daly used to be his sidekick presenter - a statuesque but disingenuous woman. She is now presenting the programme with Claudia Winkleman who is the daughter to the ex chief editor of Daily Express Eve Pollard. Claudia Winkleman gets paid £500,000 a year by the BBC.

Strictly Come Dancing is a dance show with lovely dresses and a lot of lighting gimmicks .. I used to like it, but not so much now. Very formulaic and repetitive .. They have competitors whose experiences range from some having to dance schools or lessons to novice..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
TONIGHT
BBC 1
IMG_20170910_073436.jpg

It might be a bit blurry, couldn't keep still.ha ha

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Bruce Forsyth was the presenter and he died recently. He was well-known for this waspish put downs and sense of humour. Quite a few people didn't like him. Tess Daly used to be his sidekick presenter - a statuesque but disingenuous woman. She is now presenting the programme with Claudia Winkleman who is the daughter to the ex chief editor of Daily Express Eve Pollard. Claudia Winkleman gets paid £500,000 a year by the BBC.

Strictly Come Dancing is a dance show with lovely dresses and a lot of lighting gimmicks .. I used to like it, but not so much now. Very formulaic and repetitive .. They have competitors whose experiences range from some having to dance schools or lessons to novice..
Thanks alp. I googled Bruce and I have seen him in the past. We had an Australian Ballroom dancing show a few years ago. The compere did so with a rye smile and it made it all quite entertaining. I saw the first series of Dr Foster and enjoyed it. Will keep an eye open for its return.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you like lovely and funky dresses, you'd love the show. There are quite a few eye candies on the show - one very androgynous Pritchard, but mainly the clothes and the daring dance routines can be very entertaining.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Did you feel like crying at the end? I did - it's like the very thing you cherish has turned his back on you.. And the new colleague has some very waspish stinging put-downers.. Nasty and vile ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that Roz was nasty. She said she wouldn't go to the party. No, she went .. Not nice.

Been watching Episode 1 of Blood and gold: The making of Simon Sebag Montifiore .. Such a fantastic programme.. I tried not to fall asleep, but there was so much to take in .. not to mention the magnificent architecture on a grand scale. After that, I passed out for 5 minutes. My son called mum and said that I didn't breathe for a few minutes.. It's that engrossing.

Ask a Question