Pinterest for garden info and ideas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get a kick out of seeing the pinterest fails. If I tried any of the things I've seen done and failed, I would probably do worse than those, lol.

Reaction score
I probably have as many food related boards as I do garden related ones! Recipes sorted by category, cooking techniques, stuff to adapt to my "diet", stuff to try... One of these days when I am organized again and the garden is in shape I will start cooking and playing with food again.

Yummy! So far I have only a ''desserts'' board, a ''healthy recipes'' and a ''recipes to try'', not as organized as you :oops: I am a little messy in that aspect, but we gotta love Pinterest, because we can keep all those recipes in one single place. It is so wonderful those recipes come from every corner of the internet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have been on pintrest before and know about it since friends keep their own accounts. Thankfully I never got hooked on it the way most people do. There's lots of pretty pictures though and some really neat ideas I may entertain but overall I don't spend a ton of time on the site overall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't make the same mistake I do, don't check pinterest just ''for a bit'' before going to bed, it's never the case and for some reason when I am done, I don't feel sleepy at all. I guess it's because after seeing all those amazing tings it's hard to go to bed, they get me so hyper.

Oh I've done that before! It's such an addictive site! It's like you can never get enough when you get started at pinning things on there. It's a great site! You can always find something to check out on there and then you end up thinking about all the things you can do with the pins!

I have been using it more and more to find out growing information for new-to-me plants and companion planting ideas. I'm trying to organize my plants better so it's a garden and not a random collection of flower pots. I also have boards that are specific to seasonal stuff for my growing zone.

It's great for that too! There are some suggestions on there for things I'd never have thought of doing. I love the pins about which plants to plant together, and which to avoid as well. It's a great way to find out what you can and can't put together for the best looking and healthiest garden. I like that there's a lot of information about things like that. I know some can be conflicting but it certainly helps.

I love getting tips on plants I've been growing for a while as well. Sometimes there are tips on things I'd never thought to do as well. It's a great site for so many different reasons! It's great it can help so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've always looked to forums like this one for gardening help/information/ideas. Being able to "talk" to a gardener who has the same growing conditions and perhaps plants is a great help.
For cooking, there are so many recipe forums and forums for home cooks to exchange ideas, tips, and utensil information that I don't feel the need to look farther afield.
I'm quite content with Gardening Forums, thank you.

I think you're missing the point of Pinterest. It's not a forum, it's a means of keeping track of all those exchanged ideas in one place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It's great for that too! There are some suggestions on there for things I'd never have thought of doing. I love the pins about which plants to plant together, and which to avoid as well. It's a great way to find out what you can and can't put together for the best looking and healthiest garden. I like that there's a lot of information about things like that. I know some can be conflicting but it certainly helps.

I love getting tips on plants I've been growing for a while as well. Sometimes there are tips on things I'd never thought to do as well. It's a great site for so many different reasons! It's great it can help so much!

Exactly!

I have found that searching on Pinterest can be better than a search engine because you can see right away if the results are giving you what you're looking for or not. Sometimes I still need a search engine to get at more detailed information, but on Pinterest quite often the work has already been done for you.

Reaction score
Oh I've done that before! It's such an addictive site! It's like you can never get enough when you get started at pinning things on there. It's a great site! You can always find something to check out on there and then you end up thinking about all the things you can do with the pins!!

Yeah, I stopped doing it before going to bed because it made it harder for me to fall asleep, lol I guess seeing those images made me get all hyped. I always said: ''one last pin and am gone'', biggest lie ever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yeah, I stopped doing it before going to bed because it made it harder for me to fall asleep, lol I guess seeing those images made me get all hyped. I always said: ''one last pin and am gone'', biggest lie ever.

LOL. Been there, done that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The last thing I need is to get hooked. But the way all of you make it sound, I probably will lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The last thing I need is to get hooked. But the way all of you make it sound, I probably will lol

It's very useful! When I was doing events I created a separate account and created boards that were relevant to that. It was all lifestyle stuff so when I stopped doing the events I changed the account name and added some more locally relevant boards and pins.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My interests vary so much. It'll be nice to have one place to be able to get ideas for all of them!

Ask a Question