Pinterest for garden info and ideas

Reaction score
Oh, I love pinterest! My friends kept going on and on about it and from what they were telling me I was like "What's the big deal? So it's an online pin board?" but they finally convinced me to sign up and I have wasted so much time on there. It's definitely a little addictive. But you can find the coolest ideas there. I have found a ton of craft ideas on there that I'd love to do. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@kristyleann, when I first started using it I was on for hours and hours at a time pinning all sorts of things, lol. It's kind of like You Tube, you click on something and then it shows you all these other interesting things that you just have to click on and before you know it you've wasted an hour watching videos, lol.

Give us the link to your gardening board!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have found Pinterest to be a real source of good ideas. It is easy to spend more time than you believe possible looking at pictures people have put on the site. I look at the gardening pins, the food pins and the fashion pins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have found Pinterest to be a real source of good ideas. It is easy to spend more time than you believe possible looking at pictures people have put on the site. I look at the gardening pins, the food pins and the fashion pins.

I have spent hours at a time on Pinterest! I see below it looks like you started a thread on a garden pin back in January. I don't remember that one, I'll have to click the link and check it out. I have quite a few garden boards with general information and season specific for my zone as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've heard of it, but I've never visited. I intend to, one of these days, though. As soon as I have some time freed up and I remember to do it. If I had remembered I could have done it last night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've heard of it, but I've never visited. I intend to, one of these days, though. As soon as I have some time freed up and I remember to do it. If I had remembered I could have done it last night.

You should check it out! It's a great resource that has so many possible uses. You can use it as a showcase, promotional tool, recipe file... I have multiple boards devoted to specific aspects of gardening from general tips and resources to plants suited to my growing zone and winter hardiness and so forth.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of the things I like about Pinterest is the grouping of ideas in one place. You can look at sites all day and not see some of the groups that have been put together on Pinterest. I like the upcycle ideas of things you can repurpose and put in your garden or home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United Kingdom
I love Pinterest for looking up ideas for new things to do with my garden! I often go on there just to check out one thing and several hours, and several pins!, later I'm still on there looking at new things. And I probably never made it to the one I went on there for! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
I lee it, it's full of a lot amazing recipes I'd love to try someday. I have also found a lot useful information from other areas apart from gardening and cooking. It is super addictive though, one could be the whole day searching for things and pinning them if given the chance, lol.

Reaction score
I love Pinterest for looking up ideas for new things to do with my garden! I often go on there just to check out one thing and several hours, and several pins!, later I'm still on there looking at new things. And I probably never made it to the one I went on there for! :ROFLMAO:

Don't make the same mistake I do, don't check pinterest just ''for a bit'' before going to bed, it's never the case and for some reason when I am done, I don't feel sleepy at all. I guess it's because after seeing all those amazing tings it's hard to go to bed, they get me so hyper.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
One of the things I like about Pinterest is the grouping of ideas in one place. You can look at sites all day and not see some of the groups that have been put together on Pinterest. I like the upcycle ideas of things you can repurpose and put in your garden or home.

A young woman came into the garden center the other day and I suggested she use a Pinterest board to collect info on all the plants she liked that were suitable for her growing conditions so she could see it all in one place and then decide what she wanted to plant. I have so many plants! I'm now trying to group them together to create the growing spaces.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

I have been using it more and more to find out growing information for new-to-me plants and companion planting ideas. I'm trying to organize my plants better so it's a garden and not a random collection of flower pots. I also have boards that are specific to seasonal stuff for my growing zone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I lee it, it's full of a lot amazing recipes I'd love to try someday. I have also found a lot useful information from other areas apart from gardening and cooking. It is super addictive though, one could be the whole day searching for things and pinning them if given the chance, lol.

I probably have as many food related boards as I do garden related ones! Recipes sorted by category, cooking techniques, stuff to adapt to my "diet", stuff to try... One of these days when I am organized again and the garden is in shape I will start cooking and playing with food again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I've always looked to forums like this one for gardening help/information/ideas. Being able to "talk" to a gardener who has the same growing conditions and perhaps plants is a great help.
For cooking, there are so many recipe forums and forums for home cooks to exchange ideas, tips, and utensil information that I don't feel the need to look farther afield.
I'm quite content with Gardening Forums, thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've been addicted to Pinterest for years since a coworker invited me to join. I only recently started browsing the Gardening section, and now that's primarily what I look at on that site. It's great for organizing research/ideas.

Through Pinterest I found lots of ideas of things to build, most recently a two-seat bench (found here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231935449536622201/ ). I actually have it built, but all the rain that's been coming down recently has really halted the painting process. So close to being finished!

Last edited:

Ask a Question