Country
United Kingdom
Good job they didn't earth them up too much, no point in that i;m told

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is a great Pinterest post and it makes growing potatoes look so easy. Is it true you are not supposed to grow potatoes that you would get at the grocery store? Pinterest is one of my favorite websites because there is a ton of good information.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is a great Pinterest post and it makes growing potatoes look so easy. Is it true you are not supposed to grow potatoes that you would get at the grocery store? Pinterest is one of my favorite websites because there is a ton of good information.

You run the risk of disease if you plant potatoes from the store, always best to buy seed potatoes from a garden centre :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Zigs, if only things in life were easy. Potatoes would be a very practical crop for me as we eat a lot of them at home. How much space do you need for a small crop? I was thinking of planting a few in planter boxes, would this work?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a very interesting page and a helpful guide!:) I think I should start growing potatoes. Today, I discovered how easy it is to cook them:p I made my very first dinner.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is a very interesting page and a helpful guide!:) I think I should start growing potatoes. Today, I discovered how easy it is to cook them:p I made my very first dinner.

Well done Claudine

Did you make Gravy and mint sauce? :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Zigs, if only things in life were easy. Potatoes would be a very practical crop for me as we eat a lot of them at home. How much space do you need for a small crop? I was thinking of planting a few in planter boxes, would this work?

You can do, just plant them low and earth them up as they grow, they'll need water and feed as the flowers develop :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well done Claudine

Did you make Gravy and mint sauce? :)
Haha, thank you:D I just cooked a few potatoes, fried two onions and mixed it all. My boyfriend was very brave and ate half of his portion:p I feel like a master cook! Today, I'll make something more difficult.
My mung bean sprouts are growing very quickly, I think I will add them to tomato pasta sauce:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've pinned this to my "read later" board so I can go back and look at the actual link for it later. I have a couple of sprouted seed potatoes, but I was late getting to them so I am hoping they will keep another month or so until I can plant them for the fall. I just hope my schedule will settle soon...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That was a great page, and I agree, they make it look so easy! We eat a fair share of potato in our house, and growing our own would be fantastic.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to look into this. I think its ridiculous to buy 10 lbs of potatoes a month when I have a garden already.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I love Pinterest! It's one of my favorite sites ever, I search for all sorts of things over there... ranging from nail art to even baking recipes. Awesome post, I will look into it, my fiance wants to grow some edibles at home, so this will definitely come in handy. I've already pinned it (y)

Ask a Question