Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had to get rid of them as they formed a big umbrella over all my hellebores and the soil was very dry.

Weather report is lousy again. Not much rain and it's now SUNNY, not that I should complain. Yorkshire man sent me bugs and I had to deal with it 3 days running.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @zenji ! What's the weather like your way? We are bright, calm and dry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Brian is here but at the moment it is actually sunny and calm......very pleasant:) Heavy showers and wind earlier and no doubt will feature later :(
Off to choose some plants for a new build plus a couple of nice containers for it :)
Amazingly those tall perennials are still intact....Ophelia did nothing and the heavy rain and wind preceding Brian has not affected them either.
Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I can even click Like for @Verdun 's and @zenji 's post. Just to show how diabolical my internet connection has been.

Hope you all keep well. Off to water my hellebores and find my camera.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @BigC are you OK? Haven't heard from you in ages.:)
Brian is here, cloudy and very windy.
Had trouble with utube on my phone, kept seezing up and my phone locked up aswell. Had to get hubby to sort it out. Technical things I'm not good at.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now that my internet is working, I think I'd better upload today's beauties.

My nerine at the back. It survives even though the stem has been nibbled into, leaving a gap of half an inch!
SAM_0290.JPG

A pink Dahlia
dahliaPink1.jpg

dahliaPinkBEST.jpg

A lovely Double Ellen and it has been snapped after these photos
hellDBEllenpinkSpo.jpg
hellDBEllenpinkSpo2.jpg

A new cacti dahlia
dahliacaciPINK2.jpg
dahliacactiPINK.jpg
SAM_0288.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy and Gals...sorry not checked in lately been working away from home (Jersey) in a millionaires mansion (new build)..some folks have too much money...anyhow I'm home now until the end of November until we do it all again :)
I seen his plans for the garden..hes having Aroma zones and a Maze by all accounts..just to give you an idea the fridge costs 30k....I have seen folks with money but this is elevated to a whole different level...happiness well I dont know.....
Jersey1.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So you've been in Jersey. Could have jotted us a note. I was quite shocked by the total absence of news. Now that we know you're OK, that really is the most important thing. I saw a yellow triangle in the internet icon AGAIN. I just type, but may not be able to upload.

That's a lovely house and the weather in Jersey is much warmer.. Certainly drier than Ireland.

Everything is relative. The owner could be a billionaire. But behind a billionaire, there are a lot of people being robbed to subsidise that life style. Look at Steve Job's yacht and the poor Chinese who jumped to their deaths because their idiotic supervisor thought they were not fast enough...

I agree with you, @BigC .. over the top ..

Ask a Question