Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all blue sky's this morning, after rain none stop from 3pm yesterday to 6.30 this morning.
@alp
Things back to normal ? Easyjet have been very good and have paid us our compensation very quick without any hassle .Insurance job they are coming Monday to do strip out hall kitchen and diner upstairs bathroom laminate and tiled floors taken up and skirtings removed.Than a drying company coming with humidifiers to run for 10 days I believe they are noisey ,than they should issue a drying certificate so plasterers joiners plumbers painters can start.Will be upside down for a good while , but still smiling ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj glad that things are back to normal for you.
Morning all blue sky's this morning, after rain none stop from 3pm yesterday to 6.30 this morning.
@alp
Things back to normal ? Easyjet have been very good and have paid us our compensation very quick without any hassle .Insurance job they are coming Monday to do strip out hall kitchen and diner upstairs bathroom laminate and tiled floors taken up and skirtings removed.Than a drying company coming with humidifiers to run for 10 days I believe they are noisey ,than they should issue a drying certificate so plasterers joiners plumbers painters can start.Will be upside down for a good while , but still smiling ..
@Zenj that sounds awful, hope things are back to normal soon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp

Oh, dear! That sounds like some kind of nightmare. I stripped son's bedroom ceiling and a friend will come probably today to plaster the ceiling. I am not looking forward to it. Hope you can put in whatever upgrade you can. Now is a good opportunity. By the sound of it, you will have at least 2 to 3 weeks of disruption. I wanted to put in some LED lights, but as it's Christmas soon, no good electrician would be hanging around. Any way, I have told myself to hold back as there is no point spending money on someone else's house (I hope soon). Glad that Easyjet has been kind to you.

After the disruption, I am sure you will enjoy your new kitchen and the house will be a bit more secure .. That's the silver lining ..

What is that white brush called? I really like it. The photos is stunning. The first pic is good as well. Glad that all of us have got son. Spoke too soon. The sun is GONE again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
alp the white bottle brush plant is Actaea matsumarae white pearl ,the sun as gone here too looks like it's getting ready for another down pour.
@Logan I was getting stressed out but than decided to go with the flow no point in worrying things will get sorted in the end:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the sun is totally gone here. That's a lovely plant for the NE. But I will keep that in mind as the white is so pure. Now that I have a corner for astilbes, I might have the same for this pure beauty! Thanks, @zenji ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Spent half an afternoon labelling dahlias and removing the tentacles of my squash which spread in all sorts of directions and sent out strong roots to extract nutrients and water. Amazing how easy they tap into soil everywhere. Remove all the courgette plants as latecomers might be bitter in taste. Hopefully, heavens open tonight and water all my hellebores and irises.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly a pretty good day......until mid afternoon the weather was fine albeit increasingly breezy. Now heavy rain and wind :(
Cut back some heleniums, dahlias, asters and others. Planted out lupins and wallflowers. After Brian's visit no doubt I will be cutting more back

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a good day to me, @Verdun .. I am dithering between potting up the peonies or planting them in the garden.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
More holiday snaps

Westbury Court Garden -
IMGA0001.JPG

IMGA0003.JPG

IMGA0005.JPG

to feast your eyes

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=W...6__WAhVEZFAKHf3YBGUQ_AUICygC&biw=1396&bih=660

Slimbridge Wild fowl reserve

IMGA0027.JPG
IMGA0033.JPG
IMGA0034.JPG

Prior Park
IMGA0036.JPG

PRIOR2.jpg

No idea what the following are, but it's nice!
IMGA0039.JPG
IMGA0040.JPG

Could be Westwood Manor

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, especially to the missed @BigC !

My internet has been playing up again. And now I can't even add a SHOCKED emoji!

How are you, @BigC ? You sound SUBDUED! SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED ..

Ask a Question