My herb concoction

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
It's been 10 years since I first took this concoction. I was diagnosed with kidney stones and the urologist had prescribed these leaves to control the growth of the stones. And I'd say it is controlled since 10 years is a long time for a kidney stone. From left to right: pandan leaf, sambong leaves, banaba leaves, lemon grass. The pandan is only for adding aroma so the concoction will smell good. The sambong dissolves the stones, the banaba is a diuretic which aids in cleansing the kidney and bladder while the lemon grass is a flavoring element and at the same time lowers the cholesterol lever. We have all those leaves in our garden.
IMG_3590 banaba.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Wow. I'm glad your doc has prescribed natural over medication. I'm also glad it actually works!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius) is a member of the Screw-pine family (Pandanaceae). It's native origins are unknown but it is widely cultivated in southeastern Asia and neighboring islands fro it's sweetly aromatic leaves.

Sambong (Blumea balsamifera) is a member of the Elecampane Tribe (Inuleae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae). The plant is native to tropical Asia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Hainan, Philippines, Indonesia, and New Guinea. This herb has various traditional, medicinal uses.

Banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa), also known as Giant Crepe-myrtle or Queen's Crepe-myrtle, is a deciduous tree in the Loosestrife Family (Lythraceae). This tree is native to tropical Asia, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Indonesia, and New Guinea. It has a wide variety of medicinal uses and is also grown as an ornamental subject in warm-climate gardens.

Lemon Grass (Cymbopogon citratus, and related species) is in the Grass Family (Poaceae). Cymbopogon citratus is orignially native to India and Sri Lanka, but is now grown worldwide for its aromatic essential oil which have many uses as flavouring, fragrance, and medicine. Other Cymbopogon species are used similarly, though oil composition varies. Various members of the genus are native throughout the Paleotropics.

Ask a Question