Rearranging my herb patch

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm wanting to chage my rectangular herb garden into a circular one. The main problem is that my kaffir lime will have to be moved to be in the centre. Aesthetics are important to me;). It seems to be that the best time to move most things is Autumn, accoding to my research. How does this sound to you, my all-around-the-world trusty collection and in capitals YOU?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here it's late fall early winter because my winters are mild. Mainly it's when the plant is dormant, (not putting on new growth or setting fruit. Just remember, the bigger the tree the bigger the root ball must be. And a sharpshooter shovel is a must.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Chuck. I've just looked up sharpshooter shovel and ofcourse I have seen them in the hardware stores but wasn't sure of their specific use. I can see that it would be great for moving plants.
We are half way through winter here so I've left it a bit late but I don't like my chances of waiting till next years autumn/early winter to move the 3 trees I have in my sights. The kaffir lime is 1, 2 is a tibouchina which is being smothered by an abutillon and a peiris. They are each about 4 foot or just over a metre high but I'll allow for the root ball judging by the width of the plant.

Ask a Question