what herbs??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im very much an amateur when it comes to gardening especially in the herb department!
I have just bought this awesome personalised planter I found online for my sister's birthday which is coming up soon
kelly 2.jpg
She loves her Kitchen and I think she'd love a small herb garden.
My question is what sort of herbs would you recommend that are easy for me to plant and her to look after?
She loves cooking curry's from scratch so maybe something she'd could use in her cooking would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :) What a lovely gift! If she cooks curries a lot then coriander would be useful, and maybe mint too (it's useful in raita). Both are easy to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @chris brown.:)

Not sure what you need for curries, but I just love the smell of Basil, there is such a wide choice to choose from....it would be hard to go wrong....whatever you select it will be greatly appreciated by a passionate cook :D:ROFLMAO:(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Hi Chris, welcome to our discussions!
How long is that planter--about 18"? If so, two herbs will fit well, if they are relatively small growing. I'd put in mint and a globe basil (it tastes the same but stays smaller). If there are no drainage holes in the planter, a layer of gravel on the bottom and the herbs staying in pots will keep the soil from becoming a bog.
If she hasn't grown herbs before, tell her to harvest frequently, which will keep the herbs in bounds, and prevent them from becoming leggy and floppy.

Ask a Question