Mother of a thousand with white powdery film

sha

Reaction score
Country
United States
My mother of a thousand suddenly started having a white powdery coating and it has spread to all nine pots of my mothers:(
WIN_20230609_18_29_00_Pro.jpg
what could be causing this and how should i treat it? i water sparingly once a week. thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Powdery Mildew. You should be able to spray the plant with 50/50 of 3% hydrogen peroxide to water to kill the fungus but the leaf will still look like crap.

sha

Reaction score
Country
United States
oh that's a total bummer. i guess i will have to almost start from scratch. they had been doing so beautifully. how can i prevent this in the future?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
oh that's a total bummer. i guess i will have to almost start from scratch. they had been doing so beautifully. how can i prevent this in the future?
Try to keep the humidity low and provide plenty of air circulation i.e. fan.

sha

Reaction score
Country
United States
the plants are on an airy verandah but the temperature and humidity has been high. i googled and sprayed a solution of hydrogen peroxide. worth a try. tk you!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It looks like your plants might have fallen victim to powdery mildew, a common fungal infection. To treat it, you can try wiping off the coating gently with a damp cloth and improving air circulation around the plants. Also, consider reducing the frequency of watering to prevent the moisture from promoting the growth of the fungus. Good luck getting those mothers back in tip-top shape!

Ask a Question