Bare backyard on new development

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hey all,

I am building a house and I have a fairly large backyard. It's 30m x 20m (100 ft x 65 ft) squarish and chain-link fenced, the terrain is a grass covered flat surface.

I put down drip irrigation all along the fence and I am growing some trees and some fruit trees on one of the sides. My goal is to hide the chain link fence with a dense covering of heterogeneous sources. One of the priorities I have is to protect from the wind, because its hardcore and I live in the Pampas, so there are no trees here in the outskirts of town.

Well so basically I am not sure how to design the interior. I know I like large trees but I'm not sure where to put them or how to design around large trees.

How would you fill out the interior with trees and plants? any ideas? I have none. Basically anyone.

I usually go look pinterest, but its all large lawns for the most part.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Can you grow a set of vines trained to the fence to give a green wall as the base backdrop then step in front with trees and shrubs?

I don't know the climate at all for your area. For cold-ish areas like I live in grapes work well to cover a fence. If you have them over grow they won't fruit but you will have to spend a few hours a year cutting things back to keep them from taking over.

Climate will dictate a lot here.

What are the common extremes for hot and cold each year? How dry or wet is the area? Fruit trees could be anything from oranges, limes, and avocados in the tropics to apples, pears, and cherries in areas with snow on the ground 5 months of the year.

Ask a Question