Peach tree leaf issue

Reaction score
Country
United States
I noticed that the leaves on one of our peach tree looks infected with something, perhaps a fungus? During the past week the infected leaves have begun to go black and die. Anyone have thoughts on the cause and, hopefully, the cure? Pictures attached.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There is no post-infection control. Just feed it so it can outgrow the infection faster and pick off the infected leaves. In the late winter/early spring as the buds swell, you can spray with copper to control initial infection.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
How detrimental to the tree will leaf curl be? One of my trees has it bad while the other barely shows it - they're about 50 m apart. Am I risking the "good" tree or should I put the ax to the "bad" tree?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you treat them both with copper in the winter/spring you should be able to keep them both heathy. Is the healthier one a different variety? Resistance varies from variety to variety.

Ask a Question