JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last year, my peach tree had leaf curl. In late Autumn or early Winter, I sprayed a copper fungicide. I planned to do so again in Spring before the tree bloomed, but completely forgot about it. Now the tree is in full bloom, and I've noticed that it still has leaf curl. Is it too late to apply now that it's blooming? I'm also curious to know whether it's better to use in dust form or liquid form.

3600.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its really about keeping the foliage dry when new buds are forming and new growth. These are esp susceptible to peach leaf curl.
I spray liquid copper fungicide....powder dissolved into a sprayer......at leaf drop in the autumn and again jusf before bud burst. I also try to keep rain off my bushes.....2 in large pots.......by keeping them in the gh at the critical times. Right now they are outside, the foliage is more resistant to peach leaf curl and fruit has already started swelling.
I will plant my bushes.....now 5 years or so.......outside permanently against a warm wall with a roll of polythene suspended over them and attached to the wall. ,
If your bushes are at the flower stage a copper solution could still be used but it is a tad late. Best practice now would be to pick off the affecfed leaves and burn them. Foliar feeding with seaweed spray and epsom salts too, in my opinion, helps foliage to grow well and resist the peach leaf curl.
Hope this helps JBtheExplorer :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That bad? :(
I would still remove all affected leaves and feed well. Early enough for new leaves to grow. Its what I did a few years ago when my bushes were badly affected.
Prepare for PLC .......good timing with sprays, some protecfion from rain at susceptible times and good hygiene. Good luck though JB (y)

Ask a Question