Peach Tree Assistance (with pictures)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,
First post since joining here. I recently purchased a property in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia and believe I have two peach trees that are in need of TLC (they were neglected by the previous owner). I haven't actually seen peaches on them but there are alot of seeds in the dirt that suggest it once bore fruit and i'd love to return it to its former glory.

I have included a couple of photos below of the two trees and the leaves. I'd love some advice on when the best time to prune is (I hear late winter for fruit plants), how to prune the trees based on their current state and also is there anything I can do or products I can buy to assist them to make sure they have the best chance.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Andrew

Attachments

• Peach 1.jpg
    Peach 1.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Peach 2.jpg
    Peach 2.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Peach 3.jpg
    Peach 3.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Peach 4.jpg
    Peach 4.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 9
  • peach 5.jpg
    peach 5.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 10
  • Peach 6.jpg
    Peach 6.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's not a good to fertilize, but your trees need some in the Spring. Typically you remove about half of the previous year's growth in late Winter/early Spring. The black spots on the leaves could be a bacterial blight, which can be treated with a copper spray at pruning time.

Ask a Question