Miracle gro garden soil

Reaction score
Country
United States
if its worth anything I have a neighbor who plants directly into the Miracle grow bags. He has a small spot that gets good sun and he just pokes holes in the bag for drainage. Grew some nice cucumbers, egg plants and a couple of really nice tomato plants.
I took the bags back I did only keep one though because it was already open, the soil he has is the garden soil? My only concern was that it had to be mixed with native soil due to the fact it would be too compacted to use alone and my soil is like clay. We did have orchards here though before we built our house on this lot so idk. And we get some random weeds growing all over the place so it much work for something.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I took the bags back I did only keep one though because it was already open, the soil he has is the garden soil? My only concern was that it had to be mixed with native soil due to the fact it would be too compacted to use alone and my soil is like clay. We did have orchards here though before we built our house on this lot so idk. And we get some random weeds growing all over the place so it much work for something.
Pretty sure its just the garden soil , I have not seen him much this year but its still a tad early here. He just flops the bags around to loosen them up then sticks rebar through to make holes. Buys his plants and sticks them in a small slit in the bag. Covers them with pine bark mulch. He also uses the miracle grow garden fertilizer.

Ask a Question