Miracle Grow Potting Mix is it hard to get one type in Your area

fishycomics

Big Apple
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
United States
Potting mix not hard to get, Small bag, large bag, a few different types. they are in full stock

1622978275286.png
1622978333668.png
1622978408450.png
1622978422308.png
1622978452600.png

When I need this certain type it is no where to be found, at all.
1622978541485.png

This is not a Rant, topic, it is my observation, in an Overlty populated Area. We called Miracle grow. by the time it taken to speak to a live person, after the wait of pressing this one and that, the Customer servic agent, was hard for us to understand, we given our name, and she asked for us to repeat it. We explained our story:
Been to 5 stores, not one has Miracle grow African violet Potting mix, not in stock and was checked. she asked for our zipcode, put on hold, and wish we were on a silent hold then the Poor muzic (music) system that they had. distorted, where, we lowered our end till they got back on. They said in stock at Home Depot. After we again explained. the CSA (Customer service agent ) said This Product is an Online Order.

While Key Food (Instagram) has it same day, for additional fees applied, at the store, no stock what so ever. Allstores no stock what so ever, we said, I guess if its not a stocked item and we're not paying the additional costs, we'll take our Business to another Company if that is the case.

100 bags of each but the unpopular one Kind of says, either there is no Demand for it, that the stores only stock 1 as it shows no shelf movement at all.

The Bottom Line is, African Violet Potting Mix at our region in an Overly Populated area has no Demand for this product, it is a Hit-n-miss out of Season purchase. What product or products are not in Demand and is something you notice gone from your area. it is the height of Planting season as I write.

I had to Substitute, for th 1st bag in the photo here, and to top it iff, finally got a good bag, while everyone I bought in the past year was justnot potting mix at all. Miracle grow in my eyes has cut back and gone down hill, before the Pademic struck, and everythign today seems to be harder and harder to get. that is and is L I F E.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
One of the garden nurseries told me a few years ago they would not be carrying miracle grow anymore. They carry another brand called promix. They started this due to multiple complaints from customers complaining the quality of miracle gro products have gone down. I have seen menards carry the African violet mix in stores.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you find African Violet Mix necessary? I've grown numerous African Violets (Streptocarpus Section Saintpaulia, formerly Saintpaulia) in standard potting soil with excellent results. Supposedly the difference is greater porosity and an acidic pH reading, but almost all potting soils is somewhat acidic and most quality blends already have good drainage. I suppose to some degree, it depends on one's particular cultural practices, such as watering frequency. If you tend to over-water, up the grit and sand, if you tend to under-water up the peat and wood fines.

Ask a Question