Little robin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This guy ( or gal) has been living in my yard for weeks now. He looooves the compost bins.
On a side note, there are potatoes growing in my compost :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Pic didn’t want to post

Attachments

• IMG_8370.jpeg
    IMG_8370.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We've had a family of robins nesting next to our back door for several years. Momma Robin likes to fetch seeds and worms in the garden.

They have become accustomed to us, even to the point of letting us look in the nest.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The robins here have a habit of pulling out some of my young cucumber plants. I don't know why they do it? Every year, it's not just a one time thing. They also peck at my strawberries. And they are worse then roosters, singing every morning beside my bedroom window before the sun is even up. But I give them some extra grace because every spring for as long as I can remember the excitement I feel when I see that first robin after a long winter makes up for their annoying habits lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The robins here have a habit of pulling out some of my young cucumber plants. I don't know why they do it? Every year, it's not just a one time thing. They also peck at my strawberries. And they are worse then roosters, singing every morning beside my bedroom window before the sun is even up. But I give them some extra grace because every spring for as long as I can remember the excitement I feel when I see that first robin after a long winter makes up for their annoying habits lol.
The robins here are fairly well behaved.
It’s the darn blue jays that cause all sorts of trouble here.
They go after my berries ( understandable at least) and destroy Robin nests, killing their eggs and they’re mean lol

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The robins here are fairly well behaved.
It’s the darn blue jays that cause all sorts of trouble here.
They go after my berries ( understandable at least) and destroy Robin nests, killing their eggs and they’re mean lol
I never see blue Jays until the fall. But they are definitely bird bullies taking over the bird feeders here. And their endless squawking lol. I never really thought about it until now but it's strange I only see them in the fall. Once in a while in the woods on my nature walks I see them but they seem to avoid populated areas here until the fall. I guess that's when they fatten up on bird feeders and gardens for the winter. The starlings here are really bad for destroying other birds nests, and dropping poop bombs on my truck and driveway lol. They are definitely one bird on my not so much like list lol

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Eeilee I see you are from Oregon. I've never been there (never been outside Canada) but it looks beautiful, lots of mountains. I was curious what winter was like there that's why I looked it up. It's really cool that people on here are from all different climates and can share that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Eeilee I see you are from Oregon. I've never been there (never been outside Canada) but it looks beautiful, lots of mountains. I was curious what winter was like there that's why I looked it up. It's really cool that people on here are from all different climates and can share that.
It’s very beautiful and temperate where we live on the Pacific Northwest . To the east can be dry and cold. Northern Oregon gets the snow.
We occasionally get an inch or so but not like when I was a kid in the 80s.
With climate change the Pacific Northwest is more like Northern California these days.
I’ve been all over the US and Oregon is where I belong <3
I’d love to visit Canada someday though; at least to try that poutine!! Lol

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It’s very beautiful and temperate where we live on the Pacific Northwest . To the east can be dry and cold. Northern Oregon gets the snow.
We occasionally get an inch or so but not like when I was a kid in the 80s.
With climate change the Pacific Northwest is more like Northern California these days.
I’ve been all over the US and Oregon is where I belong <3
I’d love to visit Canada someday though; at least to try that poutine!! Lol
Yes you definitely need to try poutine. And the beaver tails! It's not real beaver lol, just kind of like a really big flat donut lol. But very delicious :)

The snow has changed here too. When I was a kid we would build snow forts early December. Now it's pure luck to see a bit of snow fall at Christmas

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just walking around the edge of my garden and seen this little guy so I took a couple pics.

PXL_20230608_160553296.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20230608_160604994.MP~2.jpg

Ask a Question