Succulents and LEOTER Grow Light I need a little knowledge

Reaction score
Country
United States
Found my wife bought a globe with 4 succulents in it for her daughter, she didn't even care for them. I took them under my care and fast forward to now, I have 9 now. that happened in just a year. Last winter almost lost a few, some grew out of the soil and molded. I bought LEOTER Grow Light but I just can't figure what setting. I see the graphs but just don't get it, just tell me what color I need. No idea how I stepped into this hobby, but i'm addicted to it and no idea why. They have since been re-potted. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 20210121_140306.jpg
    20210121_140306.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
The bright blue light will be best for your succulents. The right color temperature suited for succulents is 6500k which blue color actually contains. You can also go for yellow white light.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I concur with @brantelyolivia1320 and tweak your LEDs to suit the
6500k temperature, which is bluish. But I’d also like to add that this is mainly for when your succulents are in early growth stages. Once they’re somewhat maturing, move the color graph into yellowish white colors, which makes your succulents greener and more attractive.

I know how overwhelming this graph and color coding thingy with grow lights works. I mean, what’s wavelength? What’s the right lighting color to use? Is red too much, or is the yellow too little? And what’s the distance? Then there are these terms - PAR, lumens, light output, etc.

I was in the same situation about a year ago. But with time, I can proudly say that I am somewhat an expert on this. That’s after I got the Gooseneck Leoter LEDs for my Sophy’s roses. I can’t say we’re sailing on the same boat, but my little experience with the Leoter graph might come in handy for your succulents.

One thing no one ever mentions about grow lights is the weather or climate where you are, and the type of natural lighting your plant is already getting. I don’t have a succulent but one thing I know is their need for sun’s lighting coz they’re desert-oriented (correct me if I’m wrong), which means you’ll need to set your Leoter to full spectrum.

The PAR wavelength should mimic the sun’s natural lighting. And the lumen rating should be somewhere between 3600 to 8700 per square feet. Don’t place the LEDs too close to the succulents, but also not too far from the plants. This is mainly reliant on the type of room you’ve got and how much natural light you get.

I hope I’ve been helpful. Hit me up if you need further info

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another suggestion is to take them out of the terrarium and plant them in well-draining soil in a pot with drainage. They don’t like humidity which is probably why some of them got moldy and died!

Ask a Question