Succulents

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Does anyone here keep succulents? If love to see some arrangements and hear your experience with keeping them. I'm putting together a little gnome garden my daughter got me and am using a few succulents in it (pics coming soon). I don't know much about them other than they supposedly don't require much attention or water.

What do you have?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few, they thrive on neglect. @Scrungee gave me 6 of them some years ago. I planted them on the roof of the pill box, there's only a few inches of wind blown soil up there that has built up since the war.

Didn't check or water them for a few years, when I did get back up there, there were 6 clumps about a foot across with dozens of plants in each clump :)

They put out babies all around them which you can pot on into gritty compost, they don't flower often but when they do the parent plant tends to die afterwards, leaving the babies to carry on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
When I lived in Florida I used to try to grow them but couldn’t keep them healthy for more than 3 or 4 years. Now in N.C. I am only growing Hens & Chicks which classifies as a succulent I think. They look like they came through the winter ok.

dandy-lou

(they/them)
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This is such a cute set up! I bet it will look even cuter when those plants fill out more. I love the little garden gnomes.

I love succulents, too! They were my gateway plants, I started accumulating more and then learning how to propagate them and now they're a bit of an obsession. I'm in Florida and in an apartment, I'm starting to run out of space lol.

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi everyone, I could not find any other succulent related thread, sorry if it is the wrong thread. My succulent suddenly drooped today (looks like a scenario of overwatering).
I watered it a few days ago, after about 20 days, and then it shed a few leaves (which happens every time I water it). But suddenly it looks like stem rotting. I thought it was doing good as there were some new leaves

Anyone has any suggestions if I can save the mother plant. Will try propagating from the leaves but unfortunately looks like I am really bad at keeping succulents. Not optimistic about propagation as well.

Having a bad month, lost 5 plants ...this is the 6th. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1799.jpgIMG_1798.jpgIMG_1800.jpg

Ask a Question