Is there a rose that blooms all year?

Reaction score
Country
India
Nathaniel, I think your rose was a root stock, not meant to flower but to provide a hardy root system for a weaker but beautiful grafted rose. Many modern roses are grafted, and the old roses, which were very sturdy, are used as the root. Did your roses have a "bump" about two inches above the soil level? If so, they were grafted, and root stock is my best guess.
Yes, my rose was grafted with a tape.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
six season country in our Bangladesh, so in my garden, there are roses all year round. But a few days ago I noticed that from November to February my botanical trees were fresh, and in the middle of March, the trees were really dry.
Some trees give good roses

Reaction score
Country
United States
Although a lot does depend on location - climatic conditions as well as the type of of rose - yes there are ever-bloom or continuous bloom roses that will bloom for 12 months of the year - providing that they get plenty of sun, water and regular fertilizer and in particular hybrid tea roses - as there are many varieties that are known to bloom year round when grown in hardiness zones 5 to 9.

In fact even though I live in an area that is somewhere between zones 8 and 9 and we do often experience winters where the temperatures can drop to around somewhere between -12C to -15C - the majority of my roses flower continuously throughout the year without a break :)

Ask a Question