How's your season shaping up?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My climate (West of Scotland) is typically short, cool and wet. We struggle with things like tomatoes, cucumers, peppers. Lots of things that grow in Wales and England are too much work here (and some just not possible).

But the season so far has been remarkable. I think unprecedented. Wall to wall sunshine and high temps for 6 weeks solid. Down side is it's been dry, but we don't have water meters here and there are no hosepipe bans (yet).

I was eating my own tomatoes in the first week of june. I'm now eating courgettes and cucumbers, and my greenhouse is jam packked full of nearly ripe peppers (I've never managed to grow peppers before).

Winter squash are massive and already have tiny fruits, Cantaloup melons are taking over the greenhouse. Greek Gigantis beans are at the top of 8 foot wigwams and flowering already.

The negatives are that my lettuce has bolted and my onion sets are all flowering.

Is anyone else seeing big differences this year?

Ask a Question