How's This For An idea?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170101_072030.jpg
I saw this today in the Orchid Garden in Kuala Lumpur in an area marked as under development. My mind has run amok with possibilities :):rolleyes::love:.....in the fernery area with the any varietty of ivy. ...with "mental block" :confused: of the plant which grows in crevasses of trees ...with small stag ferns. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We fairly recently had a tree fall down again on our embankment which is council jurisdiction. Away at the moment but I'm thinking i could maybe utilise a part of it for this purpose, Let's hope the council hasnt decided to WORK quickly, as in less than 6 months after a request is put in, so i can have a good look at it and see if it's lends itself to the idea. I do tend to get very inspired when I'm away and when i get home it doesn't seem to be as practical or possible as I'd thought.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Bromeliad, hopefully the correct spelling, is the plant I couldn't think of. I have one in planted in the knot of a tree and is it is flowering at present.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What a great idea! I'm afraid I live in the wrong climate to be able to comment with any personal experience, but I'd be really interested to hear about how your idea progresses :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Definitely a neat idea! Bromeliads won't be successful here either, but the dead tree in my side yard gets some massive and interesting fungal growths every year on the lower trunk, and some colorful lichens. I'm probably going to have most of the tree removed in spring but will leave the stump so the various fungii come back. :)

Ask a Question