How to start strawberries?

Reaction score
It best to buy the seeds from a gardening store or is it possible to get strawberry seeds from the ones I buy in the store. I've tried to germinate from seed using the strawberries I got in a store. However, it's been at least three weeks and they have not began to sprout. What's the best way to germinate strawberry seeds?

Reaction score
It best to buy the seeds from a gardening store or is it possible to get strawberry seeds from the ones I buy in the store. I've tried to germinate from seed using the strawberries I got in a store. However, it's been at least three weeks and they have not began to sprout. What's the best way to germinate strawberry seeds?

As you are asking this question again - you obviously missed my response to why your strawberries weren't germinating - in your previous thread regarding strawberries - so rather than repeat it again - am including a link to my response here

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/growing-strawberries-from-seed.2897/

and yes you would have better luck with seeds bought from a garden store - rather than trying to get seeds from store bought strawberries to germinate - but only if you sow them at the right time of year.

Ask a Question