Gardening crafts..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh, I really wish I had more space to play...
Here is a beautiful succulent "painting..."

I can't find our other thread for the succulents, but I thought you'd both appreciate this:

36b4eb0d121252b61de8c8900ae225f8.jpg

The succulents are in a coco lined basket set atop an old light fixture! I am so doing this as soon as I find an old lamp. I love the look of the plant that is hanging down from the basket. It just would not be the same without that particular element.

Reaction score
I can't find our other thread for the succulents, but I thought you'd both appreciate this:

The succulents are in a coco lined basket set atop an old light fixture! I am so doing this as soon as I find an old lamp. I love the look of the plant that is hanging down from the basket. It just would not be the same without that particular element.

Chanell, this is beautiful! I really love succulents and each time I see one inspiring piece like this one .. I wish I could have one myself. My home hunting troubles are still going on as the previous deal feel through as some legal aspects were not as they should have been. I hope to find a nice place with a little garden where I can try my hand at different things like these succulent arrangements and string gardens!

Here is the link to the succulent thread https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/stunning-succulent-ground-cover.631/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh no, Maddie! So sorry to hear that the deal fell through; I know how much you were looking forward to moving and setting up your garden. I hope you can find something else even more suitable that's a better deal and very soon. Things often do work out that way :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG, the succulents are gorgeous, they look a little bit vintage and I love it:D
Maddie, I hope that soon you'll find a lovely house with a wonderful garden. Just don't give up:)

Reaction score

I want a succulent garden SO badly! I absolutely love them!!! But...no money. :( (I need to take my own advice and go looking for folks that want to share!!!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are succulents expensive in your area?:(

Here is a cute spoon decoration, in my opinion it looks great:

P1000110.JPG

Reaction score

That is gorgeous. It looks upscale and expensive. The plant that is trailing down from the basket definitely makes it. That hanging plant is kind of like the crystal beads hanging from a chandelier.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It reminds me of a chandelier too:)
Here is another nice idea of how to reuse old spoons, in my opinion they make a nice decoration - and it's practical:

Vintage-Spoon-Garden-Markers.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That is gorgeous. It looks upscale and expensive. The plant that is trailing down from the basket definitely makes it. That hanging plant is kind of like the crystal beads hanging from a chandelier.

Yep! I am going to start looking around for stuff I can use to make something like that. I actually like the idea of having something tall like that with edible plants that could grow about my other plants as it's an easy way to have more growing space.

I want a succulent garden SO badly! I absolutely love them!!! But...no money. :( (I need to take my own advice and go looking for folks that want to share!!!)

Works for me! I need to find someone with chicks and hens who wants to share. That hanging one is just so gorgeous and there's a nice mixing of colors in the container as well.

Reaction score
Yep! I am going to start looking around for stuff I can use to make something like that. I actually like the idea of having something tall like that with edible plants that could grow about my other plants as it's an easy way to have more growing space.

Works for me! I need to find someone with chicks and hens who wants to share. That hanging one is just so gorgeous and there's a nice mixing of colors in the container as well.

LOL...I have some to share, but I think it'd be a little bit too far a commute for them. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
LOL...I have some to share, but I think it'd be a little bit too far a commute for them. ;)

LOL. My grandmother used to grow them; I think I know someone who has some growing in my neighborhood. I'm going to have to keep my eye open for some. What I really want is some hydrangea cuttings. I'm going to be pruning my Ixara soon (it's finally blooming) and I'll see if I can offer someone a trade.

Reaction score
LOL. My grandmother used to grow them; I think I know someone who has some growing in my neighborhood. I'm going to have to keep my eye open for some. What I really want is some hydrangea cuttings. I'm going to be pruning my Ixara soon (it's finally blooming) and I'll see if I can offer someone a trade.
I wish I could give you some of my hydrangeas. I need to google lxara to see what they are. Are you talking about ixora? I have them in so many colors? The butterflies love this plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I wish I could give you some of my hydrangeas. I need to google lxara to see what they are. Are you talking about ixora? I have them in so many colors? The butterflies love this plant.

Yes, I have a red one. It's gone a long time without flowering; I started spraying it with the banana peel water and it finally produced some buds. Some of the leaves have yellowed and I think it probably needs transplanting as well as feeding. I've given it a bit of epsom salt and I put some of the clipped hair down in the pot... It's leaves fall into the container and I just leave them there to compost naturally, but that takes a while. So much work to this gardening stuff...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You are not going to believe this one! I just found this on Pinterest, but when I clicked to go to the web site for this image there was some kind of issue. No idea where the photo originally came from, but this is going to make you want to create one of your own immediately!

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!
7409864c0a7f568fb2bebf7f28976f57.jpg

Reaction score
You are not going to believe this one! I just found this on Pinterest, but when I clicked to go to the web site for this image there was some kind of issue. No idea where the photo originally came from, but this is going to make you want to create one of your own immediately!

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!
7409864c0a7f568fb2bebf7f28976f57.jpg

That is awesome ,and I like that she has an afro. Do you have this pinned on your boards? I'm going to repin it. The coolest part of it is her skirt.

Ask a Question