Gardening crafts..

Reaction score
I want to learn how to use some of the items I grow, especially the herbs. I want to make a sage smudge, lavender wand and potpourri mixes. By the way the spoons are cute.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Okay guys, how's this for a cool garden craft that upcycles old materials to make something new? I totally want to do this, though it will take me some time to find just the right pieces to create my own special and unique garden sculpture.

477c1bb11cd21ced8f134b1e0eaca220.jpg

Of course I would want to have something about the height of a birdbath. It could make a great centerpiece for a specific type of landscaped garden bed such as a butterfly garden, or rows of boxwood hedges or roses. I can see at least seven pieces of glass used to make this piece.

I also love the look of this:
3fb64d9af32f93a4f2fd50dc0c64b2f3.jpg

Reaction score
I love the antique glass craft, I saw a project like that on pintrest that I wanted to try. I probably looks easier than it acturally is done.I want to make a bird bath similar to the picture.

Reaction score
You are not going to believe this one! I just found this on Pinterest, but when I clicked to go to the web site for this image there was some kind of issue. No idea where the photo originally came from, but this is going to make you want to create one of your own immediately!

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!
7409864c0a7f568fb2bebf7f28976f57.jpg

Amazing. Now you really put ideas into my head. I have tried very hard not to add more stuff to my garden. You are a temptress Chanell G let me tell you that. Boy I wish I really had the space. :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Amazing. Now you really put ideas into my head. I have tried very hard not to add more stuff to my garden. You are a temptress Chanell G let me tell you that. Boy I wish I really had the space. :p

LOL, Maddie, at least if you built a "scuplture" of succulents you could do something tall that wouldn't necessarily take up much room. I took a walk this morning and it was all I could do not to steal I tiny piece of echeveria from someone's yard!

I did happen upon a pile of empty plastic flower pots someone had set out on the curb - score! A few days ago I happened upon some bent tomato cages someone had set out. Lucky I found them before the trash was collected.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The "scuplture" of succulents look a little creepy in my opinion, I would be scared of it. It looks too alive:p . But it's also quite interesting. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it.
Here are cute plant markers:

a-CRAFT-OF-THE-DAY-PLANT-MARKERS-640x468.jpg

Reaction score
LOL, Maddie, at least if you built a "scuplture" of succulents you could do something tall that wouldn't necessarily take up much room. I took a walk this morning and it was all I could do not to steal I tiny piece of echeveria from someone's yard!

I did happen upon a pile of empty plastic flower pots someone had set out on the curb - score! A few days ago I happened upon some bent tomato cages someone had set out. Lucky I found them before the trash was collected.

Good finds those. :) Channel My garden is only 3x7 feet and it is already filled with a hundred+ containers of plants. I have just found a nice place with a small garden space.. I hope that the deal comes through. I would be so happy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, I hope that the nice place soon will be yours!:)
I'm running out of space too, I got a new rose and now I need another windowsill. Or two.

This decoration looks pretty:

gardencharmsbxA275.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Good finds those. :) Channel My garden is only 3x7 feet and it is already filled with a hundred+ containers of plants. I have just found a nice place with a small garden space.. I hope that the deal comes through. I would be so happy.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Maddie! I know how much you want this and how long you've waited. I hope the deal works out this time so that you can move and create your lovely garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Here is another nice decoration:

3495732891b4f92d7acc8fd585f3487b.jpg

To be honest, I really don't like the color of the bottles, but in general, in my opinion it looks quite interesting. Like modern art, only less weird:p

Reaction score
Maddie, I hope that the nice place soon will be yours!:)
I'm running out of space too, I got a new rose and now I need another windowsill. Or two.

This decoration looks pretty:

gardencharmsbxA275.jpg

Thank you Claudine. I am hoping that we can negotiate the price, The place is indeed too pricey. LOL I know exactly what you mean my wanting a new window sill. :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Maddie! I know how much you want this and how long you've waited. I hope the deal works out this time so that you can move and create your lovely garden.

Thank you Chanell. I believe with all the good thoughts coming my way all will go well. The best part is I can have a vertical garden and a normal garden. I can also have a terrace garden. There is a nice balcony with lots of space.
Chanell, please accept my apologies for not mailing you. I have had too much on my hands.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It sounds like a really lovely place! You would have a lot of space for your plants:D

I find this little decoration very cute:

DIY-Fun-Crafts-Rock-Garden-Caterpiller1.jpg

Reaction score
those illuminated flower pots really have my wheels turnin'. for a while the local habitat thrift stores had a bunch of big industrial ceiling light reflectors they were selling as flower pots. they'd be about perfect for it. if they get more and i can afford enough to border my outdoor area, i mean to see what i can work out.

finally got to pick up a few. got 8 at $5 a piece. they had a few more, but most of the rest were cracked and that was as much as i wanted to spend on them for now.

exteriors001_zps1052d892.jpg

exteriors002_zps5ea08c6f.jpg

i think i'm gonna like it. my ideas of where they would go have changed twice from what i was originally thinking, but the shape and size seems to be uniform to ones i've seen before, so hopefully if i get more they'll all match. the "how" isn't worked out yet (right now i'm thinking some kind of mini string lights draped down bettween the reflector and the actual pot). that may be good. i have half of them set in places i like and can see how they do exposed to the weather. i've got my fingers crossed on them being ok, seeing as their normal use is being inches away and surrounding a big bulb hat's blistering hot.

Reaction score
about the best i could do in the semi dark with my cheap camera

exteriors001_zps5cc300ec.jpg

i was at a flea market i try to get to every sunday. one booth had a bunch of net type christmas lights i ended up getting for $2.50 a box. unfortunately, none of them compleatly work. they seem to be wired in three sections and on each net at least one section doesn't light. the one pictured is the only one i got to come on compleatly so far. it looks like if one light is out in a section, the whole section doesn't work.

i kinda wanted a more uniform glow, but for $2.50 (assuming i can get at least three more working) i think i can be happy with this. also if i get them to work, that makes the total cost about $7.50 a pot. i can be happy with that too.

edit: just took another try at a pic now that it's as dark as that area gets, but it looks the same. guess i need a better camera to be able to tell a difference.. another thing i like is, they're flanking a door with no outside light (the unfinished loft above my garage). i don't know yet how durable the lights (or reflectors) will be, but for now they do pretty decent subbing for doorway lights too.

Last edited:

Ask a Question