Garden Magazines

Reaction score
Does anyone have a garden magazine they love? I like scanning magazines every now and then, but I find most to be too grand. They want to tell you about the newest garden tool and tell you to plant your flower beds full of stuff normal people can not find/grow. I just want something simple, that gives you tips and hints on growing. Right now, I scan the Mother Earth News website. I use to be able to find the magazine, but I have not seen it in a while.

Reaction score
No :( I have never ever seen a magazine completely dedicated to gardening over here :eek: Now that I think about it that's a real shocker. I had never thought about it, lol!!!! It's odd... I have a ton of magazines totally focused on cooking and recipes, but no gardening. There are NO magazines focused on that. How wonderful it would be to have one of those magazines printed in spanish :love: I'd buy a copy every month!!! I love gardening... and learning more about it is a must for me!

Reaction score
Oh how I miss gardening magazines :( especially as I used to have numerous monthly garden magazine that I used to really enjoy reading, in fact so much so, that I could never bring myself to throw any of them away, as I often used to re- read them, but unfortunately as the pile got seriously big over the years, I landed up having to give them away, but alas where I live now - there is no such thing as a gardening magazine in any language, so I have to be content with reading some of them online every now and then - which is okay - but doesn't feel anywhere near as good as curling up in a comfy chair with my favorite gardening magazine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No, I don't buy gardening magazines because so far I haven't found anything interesting. I prefer to just browse the net, look for pictures of beautiful gardens and extraordinary plants.Whenever I have questions, I always come to this forum:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I used to have several subscriptions to mags, but have dropped them. They just didn't have enough pictures, info, etc.

Now I use Google pictures for looking through sites. Pinterest is another great site. I have several blogs and forums that I frequent and get lots of great ideas and information. I have been able to get great ideas from around the world as well as very local information.

The Internet has just so much information and some great writers and photographers. Guess I can consider my old dropped subscriptions paying for my Internet service. Still kind of miss having a magazine to sift through.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a garden magazine they love? I like scanning magazines every now and then, but I find most to be too grand. They want to tell you about the newest garden tool and tell you to plant your flower beds full of stuff normal people can not find/grow. I just want something simple, that gives you tips and hints on growing. Right now, I scan the Mother Earth News website. I use to be able to find the magazine, but I have not seen it in a while.

I don't read gardening magazines but I probably should start. I have been known to flip through the pages of "Better Homes and Gardens" from time to time. This is the magazine I would recommend to people. "Better Homes and Gardens" has been around for a long time. They must be doing something right since they are still in business.

Reaction score
I love the internet for information, but I tend to get sidetracked. Sometimes, I just like to have a magazine in hand. I am glad I found this forum, cause I tend to come here for questions, too.

Reaction score
Right now, I get Grit, Mary Jane's Farm, Urban Farm, and Hobby Farm Home. I find that a lot of purely gardening focused magazines have a more ornamental focus, and while I do plant some flowers my fruit and vegetable gardens are my passion so I'm not really interested in growing great roses or the best varieties of hostas for my space. So I stick to the more farming/lifestyle publications that have a stronger food production and self-reliance slant.

Reaction score
Gardening magazines are one of my favorite things to start getting in the mail in the winter time. It gets me very excited for spring to come. I love to look at all the different varieties that they have.

Reaction score
Right now, I get Grit, Mary Jane's Farm, Urban Farm, and Hobby Farm Home. I find that a lot of purely gardening focused magazines have a more ornamental focus, and while I do plant some flowers my fruit and vegetable gardens are my passion so I'm not really interested in growing great roses or the best varieties of hostas for my space. So I stick to the more farming/lifestyle publications that have a stronger food production and self-reliance slant.

That is my style, too. I like homesteading publications, not what color should your porch decorations be, publications. I think I have an issue of Grit. My problem is, I find an awesome magazine in store, then it is no longer there. I know I could just get a subscription, but I like scanning before I buy.

Reaction score

http://www.magazines.com/magazines/...OI)&siteID=qBNKlhsBsB4-2hl8tLcPCgBPl3G*wylyig

Home and Garden magazine.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Home and Garden has been my magazine for some time. Like everyone else the internet is the first place I go to get more information on plants and what I need. I like the magazines for the pictures, there are good pictures online but it is different than looking at the picture in the magazine, you can put the magazine down and come back to it later, online you forget where you show the picture or saved the picture and never see it again.

Ask a Question