Good Gardening Books or Magazines

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some friends who want to get into gardening and was wondering if y'all had any good books you have read or magazines you suggest. I am sure I could Google "gardening books", but we all know how many "experts" writing books nowadays and we end up wasting our money buying them. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is an author named Malcolm Beck. He is basically the man behind the organic gardening movement in Texas and Texas is the leader in organics. He has numerous books and I think they are still in print.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a book called 'Perfect Plant Perfect Place' by Roy Lancaster which I've found really useful. I'm in the UK though, so I'm not sure whether it's available in the US.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I hardly find time to study hard copy books. This is because most of the materials are found in authoritative gardening websites. Digital learning is versatile and one can easily maneouvre from one website to another. A good site is Farmbizafrica.com.

Reaction score
''How to grow practically everything'', I liked that book! It's perfect for people who are just starting out, at least in my opinion. I've learnt to grow several things thanks to it, but I'm not done with it yet ;)

Ask a Question