Good Gardening Books?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

So I'm always trying to find a way to grow better. I've heard of and tried a few times to top or supercrop tomatoes and peppers, more success with peppers as they're virtually indestructible in my care. Along these same lines some of the old timers I learned my first tips from had a plethora of knowledge on how to grow more taller better faster etc whatever you like. Whether it was how and when to appropriately remove suckers from tomato plants, or what weeds to leave in your garden to either keep things out or attract in. So I'm looking for a good book on advanced techniques and the like. I work in a chemistry lab so I can't imagine anything would be too technical, so lemme at em!!

Here's some pictures of my seed starting this year, went with a couple of these LED lights, IMG_20170321_175943.jpeg we shall see,
and part of my plot, melons, cucumbers, taters have a different spot this is mainly for doing rows.IMG_20170302_141827.jpeg IMG_20170302_165204.jpeg
Still have some tilling to do sooner than later.
IMG_20170302_141827.jpeg
IMG_20170302_165204.jpeg
IMG_20170321_175943.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Google Malcom Beck books. He has a few books out. He is the "founder" of the organic movement in Texas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
When I first got into gardening I read a lot about what interested me about gardening, i.e. all kinds of books on soil, soil organisms, esp worms, composting...

The first book I read that was dedicated to gardening was this and it helped me a lot. The Informed Gardener by Linda Chalker-Scott http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2977599-the-informed-gardener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Love the Christopher Lloyd books like The Adventurous Gardener. A plantsman supreme and a beautifully warm and amusing style of writing ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have one I want to sell, a big thick one. Martha Stewards, "garden around the year" (or a title close to that) I bought it for $25. anyone interested in USA, as we have a book rate for mailing, let me know. Reasonable offer, including mailing cost would be considered. (so subjective)

Ask a Question