Free gardening books from amazon kindle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I just love the Amazon kindle books, and every day, they have some books for free. What you have to do is set up an account at amazon, and then check the kindle bookstore for books on the topics you are interested (health, gardening, etc), and then do the search by price low to high, and it will show you all the books that are free. Most of them are only free for one day, so it is important to check for new ones each day. I subscribe to backdoor survival on FB , and she posts health and homesteading type of free books on her FB page.
I have added a lot of great books to my kindle library for free with this. There are how-to books for companion planting, growing berries, and just abut any gardening topic you want to learn about. And with one click ordering, it only takes a minute toget them on your kindle or iPad kindle app.

Reaction score
Do you know about this web-site? Prudent Living - On The Home Front <(e-mail address removed)>
Might be something you are interested in. Based in Vermont.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, this sounds great! I had no idea that you can get free kindle books from Amazon, I must check it out. New books are always very welcome, it will be like getting a new little gift everyday:D . Thank you for the tip:D

Reaction score
Do you need to have an Amazon Kindle to take advantage of these free e-books or can you have another type of e-reader? I have an Amazon account and would love to get free gardening books but I don't have an Amazon Kindle. Keep saying I'm going to get one but my Nook works fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have an iPad, and I was able to download the kindle app onto my iPad, and amazon automatically puts books right into my kindle library when I order one. My son only has the app on his PC , and he is downloading books also.
I am subscribed to a homesteading page on FB, called backdoor survival, and Gaye always lists the free gardening and homesteading books every day, so you don't even have to hunt for them. You can also loan the books to friends once you have them. If you look on Amazon, you should be ale to download the app that works with your Nook.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a Kindle app on my iPad also and have a list of free religious books to read but thought they were limited to certain genres. I am always looking for new ones of different subjects, but really don't have enough time in a day to do everything. I will start to look for it every day! Thank you for sharing the information!

Reaction score
I just love the Amazon kindle books, and every day, they have some books for free. What you have to do is set up an account at amazon, and then check the kindle bookstore for books on the topics you are interested (health, gardening, etc), and then do the search by price low to high, and it will show you all the books that are free. Most of them are only free for one day, so it is important to check for new ones each day. I subscribe to backdoor survival on FB , and she posts health and homesteading type of free books on her FB page.
I have added a lot of great books to my kindle library for free with this. There are how-to books for companion planting, growing berries, and just abut any gardening topic you want to learn about. And with one click ordering, it only takes a minute toget them on your kindle or iPad kindle app.

Awesome! I had no idea they were doing this! It's definitely worth checking! Thanks a lot for sharing this truly useful info with us! This is definitely a good reason to subscribe, I will soon and check the free books. I love reading e-books.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
You can also sign up for places like BookPub, ePubBooks for free or really cheap books. They send out notifications for currently available titles. Publishers often have short time free/deals on books for a variety of reasons.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are usually one or two great gardening books available for free on Amazon. Typically the publisher can run a promotion to make their Kindle e-book available for free for up to 5 days out of every 90 days. You just have to keep a keen eye on the free books and snap them up! I look at Amazon's list of "Top 100 Free books" in the different gardening categories that I am interested in.

Just this weekend I stumbled upon such a book; "The Rooftop Garden: How to build an Urban Farm" by "Keith Forrest". This was a great short read that I found ranking first in several gardening categories.

The great thing about e-books is that even if you miss the free promotion the books usually only cost a few dollars, compared to much higher prices for physical books.

Ask a Question