Does rootgrow work?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got lots of box hedge, shrubs and a few other bits to plant next week - they're currently sitting in our back garden in lots of small pots!

I'm keen that the box hedge establishes quickly, as they are only ~15cm high at the moment, so I've been looking at getting some Rootgrow (aka Mycorrhizal Fungi). I've not used this before, but I've heard very good things about it.

Has anyone notice a big improvement from using it?

Reaction score
Yes! Used it for three years now & I do not plant perennial stuff without it if possible. I don't usually waste it on annuals & it doesn't work on absolutely everything but box will benefit from it. Follow the directions carefully.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks kaydee - I'll see if I can pick up a big tub of the stuff over the weekend :). I can't wait to see how the garden looks in a couple of years as some of the shrubs are tiny at the moment, so may look a little lost for the first year.

Ask a Question