Complete nocice needs help woth lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am completely new to gardening so will be shooting off what would appear to be simple to solve questions all over the place so bare with me.

My first question is how on earth do I sort out my grass!!! My front and back lawn seems to be more weed than grass, how do I make it right? Do I need root out ever last weed or can I kill the seeds with some chemical while saving the grass. I jave included tmsome pictures
1000008136.jpg
1000008137.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello!

I would love to know how the sun treats you but it appears an overcast day in your photos! What kind of grass do you believe you have? A fescue family perhaps? Does it get or is it very hot there? Some of these chemicals you mention have upper limits on the temps allowed since they are toxic bunch and fast uptake is the intent for the weeds but not the grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Four in one' grass treatment does work, it is a weed killer, moss killer, seed and fertiliser you apply twice a year. My objection is that you then can't put the cuttings in the compost, unless you are only using it on grass, and I am not keen on chemicals generally.
Cornwall is warmer than a lot of England, DirtMechanic, but not like Alabama.
Then there is this,

Ask a Question