Clusia Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I live in south Florida and just recently installed some Clusia hedges for the backyard. I am hearing and reading mixed reviews about how to water these plants. I hear water everyday or 1x every 5 days, or to make sure the soil is consistently damp.

Considering I laid down a weed barrier under the rocks, it might be difficult to determine. Lastly, are there any concerns with the rocks as the bed for these beautiful plants?

Any insight is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't really help you, Just wanted to say 'Hi, and welcome to the forum'. Clusia is grown as a house plant in England, and enough to make a hedge would cost you a fortune, but hopefully someone will be along soon to give the advice you seek.

Reaction score
Country
United States
New plants need to be watered often to make sure they get a good start. You need to feel the soil every time before you water. Stick your finger in the soil and if it's dry then water if it's wet then wait until the next day. Every location is different and so you need to know and learn what your soil is and how often it needs water. Dig down about 6 or 10 inches under the new plants and feel if the soil is dryer deep. If so you will need to double our water amounts.

Ask a Question