Climate change is here

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just posted ''Climate'' The Film on a new thread. It may not be up for long, as it contains a lot of science and truth. We watched it this evening on You Tube. It was spot on!!!! @PaulZone8b (y)
I just watched the film and for 90% of the film I enjoyed the global warming myth being exposed as a cult. Then the last ten minutes was praising the cult of capitalism and small government.
Unfortunately, self- governing corporations are currently causing widespread nutrition deficient diets, ever encroaching desertification and toxic destruction of nature.
Equally unfortunately good governance is disappearing and being replaced by authoritarianism and political lobbying by large corporations.
I'm sceptic about more than just the climate debate.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I just watched the film and for 90% of the film I enjoyed the global warming myth being exposed as a cult. Then the last ten minutes was praising the cult of capitalism and small government.
Unfortunately, self- governing corporations are currently causing widespread nutrition deficient diets, ever encroaching desertification and toxic destruction of nature.
Equally unfortunately good governance is disappearing and being replaced by authoritarianism and political lobbying by large corporations.
I'm sceptic about more than just the climate debate.

I agree Redback. So refreshing to see respected scientists backing up what I've been saying for years, and not just a bit of it but all of it. Especially the bit about them exaggerating the y axis on graphs to make them look terrifying.

I think I put this up on another thread but here is a prime example, I took one of their graphs (on the left) and used their data to produce the graph on the right which shows a much more realistic representation of the minimal warming over the past 80 years.

Draft 7.jpg

I also agree that the present system of capitalism needs a damn good change but the globalists plan to just stop people consuming things is going to lead to mass starvation and poverty. You can't just abandon the whole capitalist system without something to replace it with, not with 8 billion people relying on it.

The main thing that will cause change is consumer demand. If people keep on buying nutrient deficient rubbish they will keep on producing it.

We are on what, by most Western standards, is a very low income yet we eat pretty healthly. We grow some of our own food and buy a lot of our veg from farm shops. That might sound expensive but it's not, as long as you don't fill your basket with all the hand made artisan products that are also for sale there. Tetters makes all our bread, biscuits and other stuff and cooks every meal from scratch. No such thing as a ready meal or stuff filled with e numbers or other rubbish here.

A lot of the problem it seems is the smokescreen of climate emergency is taking people's attention away from the actual crimes against nature that companies and governments are getting away with. While our government is banging on about this stupid drive to net zero they've been letting the water companies dump all the sewage straight into the seas because it's cheaper to pay the fines than it is to treat it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back in the 70's there was a film released with Charlton Heston and Edward G.Robinson. It was called Soylent Green. Have you seen it? It seems to have been a predictive portrayal of just what is actually happening now. If anyone is interested, I believe I can still find a link to the film in its entirety. Just let me know ok.
I agree with all that - and wow Tetters ! - slow down and let the world catch up. LOL.
It's no good slowing down now. I'm much too old to be able to afford that. I will have to stop when I stop breathing, and I'm still on a slow crawling plod at the moment 😅

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's no good slowing down now.
I am retired - that's a slowing down. I have started baking my own bread. First the doctors on YouTube said the preservatives were bad and then I watched the bakers of Istanbul and finally a German woman on YouTube said I could make bread in 5 minutes.
But that's a different topic.
The capitalists start by heralding the virtues of competition and in thirty years' time they have formed 'monopolies and cartels and next thing we know the prices are going up and all their competition is being bought out.
I think your digital kings are like that and we have them in abundance here. If this 'Soyland green' has predicted the death of competition I'm interested.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rarely eat shop bread, the list of ingredients is horrifying, We do use a, bread maker, you can get a second hand one for about a tenner, only six ingredients, including water, about half the price, real wholemeal flour, and delicious.
But as you say, a different topic.
How often are so called 'Green' solutions adopted for very different reasons? My favourite example is transport, electric cars are more polluting than petrol, the weight means more tyre and brake dust and the rare metals in the battery (Which won't last) are horribly polluting, nobody is exploring other things , such as alcohol or hydrogen, seriously and we have restrictions like ULEZ. Seems to me what is being restricted is the amount of flammable material in city centres, not pollution. If a group like ISIS exploited that they could destroy a city centre and take thousands of lives, not just a theatre in Moscow, and only lose two or three men, if that.
It seems such considerations must apply all over the place, "Lets exploit Covid, reduce the size of population, reduce the average intelligence, keep the proles under our thumb and put clean air into the places where we meet, but not where they do, and make vaccination available privately for £99 at Boots so we can afford it but they can't."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Capitalism by itself isn't bad. Look at it's track record. Sure, there's some who abuse the system but if one looks critically at the history, many of those abuses were because nobody knew better at the time. Thinking mainly about pollution but there's other angles.

Once problems were discovered, the market forced changes. Companies cleaned up or went out of business. Other companies were birthed to correct previous mistakes.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'll stick with Capitalism.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@redback the channel I was looking for on bitchute was closed down, but I believe you might get it from Amazon or maybe op shops?
1711534276425.png
If you were a bit nearer you could borrow my copy 🥴

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Obama did finance any thesis that had the words global warming. Then he was sitting in the White House in 2012-13-14 and watching the Polar Vortex move south down to freeze Galveston. The 2015 climate conference in Paris did nothing except change the topic from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change'.
Since then, Al Gore and his followers and the sensational media press have refused to admit they were wrong. So, this film ends the chance of the climate debate saying that humans have caused climate change - although it will not go away because it is mixed with 'peak petrol', non-renewables and just about every 'green' issue.
As for capitalism, it is good for a start, then economic giants emerge and meet at 'WEF' meetings in Switzerland and start to look like a new aristocracy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1711578051892.png
If it's any help @redback. This is the book that the film was taken from. (I got bitten by a redback when I lived in the bush. The open air dunny was alive with the ruddy things.) I won't ask you to change your name though, you might pick funnel web instead. 😨

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Try this link. There is a slight delay at the beginning, so wait a few seconds!
Thanks. It will take a while - I'm planting autumn vegetables at present. I'm out in the garden and just revealed a 'Trapdoor' spider's nest. It's like a silk lined hole in the ground with a flip top lid. You might have seen one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. It will take a while - I'm planting autumn vegetables at present. I'm out in the garden and just revealed a 'Trapdoor' spider's nest. It's like a silk lined hole in the ground with a flip top lid. You might have seen one?
As I said we lived in the bush. I have seen hundreds of those trapdoors, and a lot of snakes and goannas as well. Had a near miss with a small brown snake, and was hospitalised for the redback bite, and a bite from a millipede - great big fat sod he was - my fingers all went black on one hand, and blood pressure through the roof. Things love to bite me 🙁 I'm a bit safer back here in England now.

Ask a Question