Climate change is here

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
2 weeks To Seed Starting Time here. I suppose this as deep into winter gardening doldrums as we will probably go. I did get a good mirth out of the mental flash I had of @Tetters replacing the cool wet towels that are no doubt required on @zigs heat producing head. Lotsa energy there. Steamy!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
2 weeks To Seed Starting Time here. I suppose this as deep into winter gardening doldrums as we will probably go. I did get a good mirth out of the mental flash I had of @Tetters replacing the cool wet towels that are no doubt required on @zigs heat producing head. Lotsa energy there. Steamy!

We're just coming out of the doldrums too, first time the solar batteries have been fully charged since before the solstice. If Tetters didn't cool my head down the Yanks would have to monitor it for CMEs ☀️

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Wow, a lot of stress here. I would say, lets go out for a bike ride, but I guess we all can't do that. Check out how this guy got over his stressors of life. It took a heart attack for him. But now he's living a good life.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, a lot of stress here. I would say, lets go out for a bike ride, but I guess we all can't do that. Check out how this guy got over his stressors of life. It took a heart attack for him. But now he's living a good life.

I don't follow ? I don't see any special stress on this thread? You are right about the bike ride though. At the age of almost 80 and after a heart attack and a stroke, I might find it a bit difficult, so I reckon it best to stick with my garden. :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't follow ? I don't see any special stress on this thread? You are right about the bike ride though. At the age of almost 80 and after a heart attack and a stroke, I might find it a bit difficult, so I reckon it best to stick with my garden. :giggle:
I was also commenting about the other thread, Lets talk Artificial Fertilizers.

But anyway, it's a really good video, helps me put things into perspective:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to admit, I didn't bother to watch your video. I have now though, and I really hope all our other friends on the forum take the time to watch it too.
It is one of the most inspirational stories I have heard and so very well, and earnestly related.
The evil forces in the world today are encouraging and stirring as much anger and hatred as they can, and it is good to be aware of the way this awful emotion turns inwards to cause self destruction. It affects us all without exception, even the son of God, who overturned the betting tables in the temple in His anger.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, the elites and media know how to use anger on the masses as a "tool" (Satan is behind). Personally, I am at peace and have been through all this war. Know Jesus - Know Peace. I share the message of salvation to my fellow gardening brothers and sisters out of love too.

If someone is walking toward danger...if you love them, you will try to warn them (despite them cussing you out). If you dont love them, you will keep quiet. If you hate them, you will laugh at them. I say this as gently and caring as possible. The Bible is clear about the end days and MANY will be deceived. The climate change LIE is just another one of the many LIES we are all being sold (again). Wise up folks.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. (there is the tie to not being angry too). :) I love you all. Now back to gardening again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
REALLY???
Human population has continued to grow, EVERY YEAR, even with war and Covid. Go to Google Earth and check out Timelapse. The destruction of natural areas for farms and cities is horrifying. There's no way that this doesn't have an effect on virtually everything else on the planet, from weather to overall pollution to biodiversity.
It's going to stop at some point either by choice or natural events. A collapse of natural systems we have evolved with over millions of years would change the climate so much that most life could no longer survive.
Believing that "God" will fix things fails to accept responsibility for your actions. Relying on a book fashioned by a committee of superstitious power-mad religious zealots who thought the Earth was flat, the Sun revolved around it, and we are alone in the Universe is the absolute opposite of "The Truth" and is truly burying one's head in the sand. Wake up and smell the science, people! Use your brain, that's what "God" gave it to you for.
The climate has been changing since this ball of molten elements has developed a hard crust, and likely before that. And it will continue until the nuclear explosion we revolve around goes supernova.
Humanity has adapted quite well since we crawled out of the tar pits. What you call destruction has allowed that development.
Does mankind have an effect? Sure, and examples exist. But, how much of an effect is it?
And the short version is that no matter what mankind does, the climate will continue to change, maybe eventually terminating the species. So?

Ah yes, the "science " that has been corrupted and manipulated. Yes, science did debunk the examples you brought up, but that was when science wasn't afraid of being challenged. Now the "science " tries to silence you if you dare point out it's flaws.

As for using your own mind, yes absolutely. Don't be afraid to investigate contrary opinions. You might learn you're wrong, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. Being willfully ignorant of being wrong is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I probably give more credence to AGW than most here (just a guess by the posts). However, it's not something I worry about, because I see a lot of pushing various agendas under the climate change umbrella.

However, I think we all can agree that we are doing massive damage to the environment (not just from our emissions) and as the population increases and more people come out of poverty, that degradation has not bottomed out yet.

Most people, WRT the environment, focus on reducing emissions, but I think that's misguided, because it's just too big an issue and there is so much more we can do. I'm not saying don't ignore the issue of emissions, but there is no silver bullet here and let's face it, many people, including the Greenies are not willing to cut their living standards significantly enough to meet the goals set by the UN....It ain't gonna happen, period.

This is the one change that is relatively easy, emphasis on relatively. And not only will it improve soil, but it will reduce fossil fuel use from numerous sources, including synthetic (AKA: Artificial;)) fertilizers and the various herbicides/pesticides. Some great before-and-after examples of Regenerative agriculture/ranching. I can personally attest to the increase in biodiversity and soil health, since doing away with my lawn and following Regenerative practices. And I have many photos to prove the point.

BTW, where is moonraker? I kind of miss him:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not having more than 2 kids would help more than anything else. 8,000,000,000 people take up a lot of room just for living space, even more for food production and then there's all the carbon emissions they produce for daily living. I'm sure 1,000,000,000 people would produce significantly less emissions and use waaaayyyyy less space.

Oops, forgot the commandment to "go forth and multiply". Worked great when infant mortality, death in childbirth and devastating contagious diseases were a problem, but now I'm thinking not so much.

Just my 2 cents worth. Let the condemnation rain!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not having more than 2 kids would help more than anything else. 8,000,000,000 people take up a lot of room just for living space, even more for food production and then there's all the carbon emissions they produce for daily living. I'm sure 1,000,000,000 people would produce significantly less emissions and use waaaayyyyy less space.

Oops, forgot the commandment to "go forth and multiply". Worked great when infant mortality, death in childbirth and devastating contagious diseases were a problem, but now I'm thinking not so much.

Just my 2 cents worth. Let the condemnation rain!
No condemnation here. I don't agree with you, but I don't like to argue; I'd rather rationalize.

On paper that would conceivably work, but it just is not going to happen. Especially in developing countries. As for developed countries, in many cases it's already happening, that's what happens with increase in living standards and employment of women.

As for the increase of the US's population, it mostly comes from immigration. For some reason we are the number one destination for immigrants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't understand the attractiono_O

However, I love the diversity and many of our immigrants have contributed greatly to life in these united states.

Ask a Question