Season affected by climate change

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our dragon fruit which used to bear good fruits are now having small fruits and about half of that would not grow. Our star fruit is also suffering because it has no fruits yet. Even our macopa, another fruit tree seems to be affected by the season. We just noticed in the recent years that mornings are getting colder during the cold season and hotter during summer. And with the rains, it is also in extremes for it always pour and create floods.

Our plants and trees have been acting strange for the last 2 years that we attribute to the climate change.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone associates every variation in weather to climate change, but the FACT is that, even in biblical times there were good and bad harvests.
The story of seven good years and seven bad years may not be absolutely factual, but it is at the very least based on possible variability.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I agree with Bees. We do need to be good custodians of our earth but not every change is man made. I remember some pretty weird summers/winters in my multi decades of living on this rock!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Bees. We do need to be good custodians of our earth but not every change is man made. I remember some pretty weird summers/winters in my multi decades of living on this rock!
Climate change, without man's help. is the norm for our planet, but your point regarding stewardship is also entirely apposite.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also agree that we as residents of this planet need to take better care of the natural resources. This summer has not been the normal weather for our area either. Generally in August it is hot as if we were in a swamp area, it has been very pleasant, cool in the mornings, hotter during the day and then cool in the evenings. All of the rain we received earlier during the season has caused some problems with the harvest and flowers. My daylilies were late blooming and are all ready spent, they have dried up already. I think I got one blooming out of them before they started to go dormant.

Reaction score
Climate is indeed changing, I can tell. This year the winter lasted longer, almost into April, which is good because I kinda hate summer, lol. But I bet summer is going to last so much as well. I really can't say much about the fruits and veggies, since I grow any right now (due my situation).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can see the difference in my garden by comparing the photos from last year to this year. We have rainy weather almost through summer now and our winter is brutal. However, it is just the nature of things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Things are changing. When I moved into my home a little over12 years the north side of the house was in full shade all the time. It use to be a shade garden but in the last 5 r 6 years it gets all most full sun all day. :mad: so much for my shade garden.
As care takers of Mother earth we have made a mess of it. We keep dumping chemicals into our yards and it ends up in our water ways and every one will tell you they didn't do it, every time we spray for bugs in our garden or add chemicals to the lawns we are adding harmful chemicals to solid that in time will end up in our water and then in our food. In the end we need to change the way we think about how we treat Mother earth, The climate has all way been changing but in the last 50 years its been going down hill real fast. OK I'll get off my soap box .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I grow my plants indoors, so the climate change doesn't bother me.
However, I noticed that this summer has been unusually hot. The grass in my parents' garden is yellow now:confused:

Reaction score
I can see the difference in my garden by comparing the photos from last year to this year. We have rainy weather almost through summer now and our winter is brutal. However, it is just the nature of things.

Here our winters have been so mild the last two years that my calla lilies survived two entire winters being outside (the first winter it was left outside was a mistake, because I was abroad and my parents didn't care to cover it), the second time I did it on purpose since I knew the winter would be mild.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here our winters have been so mild the last two years that my calla lilies survived two entire winters being outside (the first winter it was left outside was a mistake, because I was abroad and my parents didn't care to cover it), the second time I did it on purpose since I knew the winter would be mild.

Not sure what State you're in, but I would love to have a winter like that! If your calla lilies survived the winter, then that is my type of weather :) Nothing survives here in winter!

Reaction score
Not sure what State you're in, but I would love to have a winter like that! If your calla lilies survived the winter, then that is my type of weather :) Nothing survives here in winter!

I spend a lot time in Texas and Mexico, this happened my parents house in el paso, tx. The summers have been brutal D: I honestly can't wait for fall or winter to get here, we need a break. My right arm is all tanned! Badly, looks burnt, lol.

Ask a Question