Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Zucchini.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I love that photo and caption! We have squash season here in Texas, but I've never thought of having a "hunting cat" to bring down the elusive squash!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love the cat! We call them marrow here in this country!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hey, soon we have an Anglophile on the forum!
This particular cooking forum, I have been on, has lots of members from across the whole globe. its fun to learn new cooking methods, ingredients, serving ideas. etc. From the UK to Iceland, to Netherlands, to Italy, to Aussie, to Africa, Canada too. and many more. I love how the chat about "tea" is hours ahead of my time, so I can get ideas to do for my "tea".. We have been going strong for about 15 plus years. At Christmas we do a secret santa. So I could send a gift to Ireland and get one from Sweden. Its fun. Pain, is shipping cost with the gift, can be more than the cost of the gift. But anyway.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am ashamed to admit that I only learnt about the word tea when I worked as a cashier to support my studies in this country. I had no money from my parents at all. The dinner lady would ask me, "What would you like for tea?" I need to ask my English teaching friend about tea and dinner! Haha! After more than 30 years here, I've never bothered to find out. Someone said X is Y's girlfriend. I was aghast how old they both were. I never knew that boy/girlfriend didn't refer to teenagers! Hahaha! My face's going red. I blame you, Esther, for digressing! Sorry, @Tjohn !

Please pc the link to me. I would like to broaden my repertoire in every field, Esther!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
after a certain age, when I hear folks refer to someone as their --boy/girl friend, I just say oh your paramore. (that gets them, LOL) (think I spelled that correct)
I also had no money from my parents for college, worked a full-time, 40 hours a week job and went to college same time. So when I hear winning from kids today, I just SMH. so further digressing. I am not sorry.

Ok you want the Food Forum link-----they moved to facebook a about two years ago. So I can recommend you on there if you get on my face book. or if you have facebook. its separate from regular facebook, but on facebook, they only talk about food/cooking. sometime family stuff. kids, travel. nice group of mostly ladies, and a few men.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
have to get the blossoms first.

Ask a Japanese if you want a proper recipe. I think Raymond Blanc has one. I wrote down somewhere. My courgette is flowering now. At this time, I usually have some twice the lengths of those shown in the photos, But this year, it all ends in tears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Actually, if I get any blossoms I might use Rice Flour.

went and looked up Tempura flour, Guess what it is made from Rice Flour and Cornstarch. Go figure. never knew. Anyway, I use Rice Flour for gravy thickening now. discovered that even in bubbling gravy you and dust in the Rice Flour and it mixes right in well, no lumps like flour, thickens nice. Also best for saute raw oysters, yummy. lighter than flour.

Last edited:

Ask a Question