Zucchini Problem -- Leaf Miners?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Can anyone help me with my zucchini plants??? I have two that started showing signs of what I thought was leaf miners a couple weeks ago, and which have gotten bad really quickly. The outer leaves are turning yellow and brown and it almost seems like powdery mildew except I don't see the early spotting in the younger leaves that I've seen in the past. Even the trails look weird to me because there are black lines like fibers all over the underside of the leaves. Can anyone help me identify what's going on here and how to save my plants? I have a little pumpkin patch started across from my zucchini and I'm worried whatever this is will spread and kill them too.

I've attached some pictures of one of my plants (after I cut the worst leaves off) and the best pics I could manage to get of the problem leaves. I've had zucchini in the past and honestly never had to do more than dig a hole and throw it in the ground so I didn't do any kind of preparation or anything. This is mainly for having fun with my kids.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2750.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 192
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello!

Can anyone help me with my zucchini plants??? I have two that started showing signs of what I thought was leaf miners a couple weeks ago, and which have gotten bad really quickly. The outer leaves are turning yellow and brown and it almost seems like powdery mildew except I don't see the early spotting in the younger leaves that I've seen in the past. Even the trails look weird to me because there are black lines like fibers all over the underside of the leaves. Can anyone help me identify what's going on here and how to save my plants? I have a little pumpkin patch started across from my zucchini and I'm worried whatever this is will spread and kill them too.

I've attached some pictures of one of my plants (after I cut the worst leaves off) and the best pics I could manage to get of the problem leaves. I've had zucchini in the past and honestly never had to do more than dig a hole and throw it in the ground so I didn't do any kind of preparation or anything. This is mainly for having fun with my kids.

Thank you!!
Yep, you have a leaf miner problem but there is nothing you can do about them. In the fourth picture it shows a bunch of what look like aphids. Spray both sides of the leaves with spinosad.

Ask a Question