Climate change is here

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I just watched the film and for 90% of the film I enjoyed the global warming myth being exposed as a cult. Then the last ten minutes was praising the cult of capitalism and small government.
Unfortunately, self- governing corporations are currently causing widespread nutrition deficient diets, ever encroaching desertification and toxic destruction of nature.
Equally unfortunately good governance is disappearing and being replaced by authoritarianism and political lobbying by large corporations.
I'm sceptic about more than just the climate debate.
I'm all for capitalism, but I do agree that there are some very bad things happening because of the collusion between these large corporations and the govt.

But as all the supporters of (you know who) say, they're victimless crimeso_O

All these multi-millionaires and billionaires have formed a "club" with politicians to commit crime and they get away with it, but it's "victimless":mad: Try and lie to the bank or govt on some official form and see what happens, but hey, you can use the defense of it being a victimless crime:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm all for capitalism, but I do agree that there are some very bad things happening because of the collusion between these large corporations and the govt.

But as all the supporters of (you know who) say, they're victimless crimeso_O

All these multi-millionaires and billionaires have formed a "club" with politicians to commit crime and they get away with it, but it's "victimless":mad: Try and lie to the bank or govt on some official form and see what happens, but hey, you can use the defense of it being a victimless crime:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I couldn't listen to the prattling of the broadcast you added without getting a headache....
I do think there's a chance that you are mixing up capitalism with globalism here, and am feeling puzzled about what you are trying to say ??
Although I can't profess to understanding the politics in your country, do you not agree that Mr T would make a rather better leader than sleepy Jo?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't doubt climate change is here, but as far as things to fear, it's way, way down on the list. Top of the list is a super volcano.

The reason I don't worry about AGW, is because so much of it is simply fear mongering. One of my favorite examples of this are the forest fires in California, which is always blamed on AGW. That couldn't be further from the truth.

I haven't changed one bit in my gardening due to the boiling of the planet, actually I wish the winters would get warmer, I'm sick of the sudden freezes that wipe out my seedlings.

Our drying land masses are overwhelmingly from mis-management, not AGW, here's just one example.

People need to realize people have been killing the soil for many a years.

I'm learning my yard is solid and will not absorb water.

Needing to mulch and put Compost down and reseed it.

Have to take time and work with the soil not the plant. It would be so easy to just take care of the plant but would kill the soil.

I just realized I'm now in a New Planting Zone.

big rockpile

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People need to realize people have been killing the soil for many a years.

I'm learning my yard is solid and will not absorb water.

Needing to mulch and put Compost down and reseed it.

Have to take time and work with the soil not the plant. It would be so easy to just take care of the plant but would kill the soil.

big rockpile
So very true !! Many moons ago when I was all young and lovely (well, better than now) there was a gardener on our TV screens called Percy Thrower. I can remember his catch phrase used to be '' The answer lies in the soil ''

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Sorry, I couldn't listen to the prattling of the broadcast you added without getting a headache....
I do think there's a chance that you are mixing up capitalism with globalism here, and am feeling puzzled about what you are trying to say ??
Although I can't profess to understanding the politics in your country, do you not agree that Mr T would make a rather better leader than sleepy Jo?
Globalism had nothing to do with my post. My post was more about crony capitalism; like I said, I'm pro-capitalism, but crony capitalism is not capitalism.

As for the POTUS (president of the US). It's such a complicated job nowadays, that no one person can do it without a lot of help. I would love to have the opportunity to vote for someone that is principled, smart and above all someone with good judgement, because that's the most important characteristic for that job.

Trump and Biden are a big failure in those areas, but at least Biden will have some better people around him. Trump, on the other hand, thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He had some very good advisors in his first term, but he fired virtually all of them. This time around he will only appoint people that are 100% loyal to him, nothing but Yes Men/Women.

On the other hand I would kind of like to see Trump win, just to see if he fulfills his promise to remove the US from NATO.:geek:

I know this is a little on the political side, but don't worry, I hold no grudges against anyone that disagrees with me. I'll still talk tomatoes with you.😍

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Phew, thank goodness for that 😌 tomatoes should be red - can't imagine bothering with all those multi coloured ones.
I feel sorry for Sleepy, I think someone else is pulling his strings. Mr O perhaps? The globalists have bought so many people who assume they hold the power.
We actually have to concentrate on growing and preserving as much foodstuff as we can at the moment. Out of the apparent choices in the USA, I still think Mr T has a better CV
I also think Mr F would be a good possibility here. Our government is rubbish too.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The main thing that will cause change is consumer demand. If people keep on buying nutrient deficient rubbish they will keep on producing it.
If I think about it - 'shelf life' is wholly favorable to the big stores with refrigerated warehouses. The poor grower is totally disadvantaged. Whereas the farmer has a seasonal crop that he has to sell now - the supermarket executive is in no hurry and can squeeze unrealistic prices from the grower.
The consumer has got to define fresh as one day or three and bypass the supermarket giants. We would see the reemergence of butchers and green grocers in the local neighborhood again. I think it will happen because the 'taste' of meat and vegetables is growing as a consumer demand.
At the same time the enormous health budget will be cut because food is medicine and 'tasty' is nutrition content. It will happen - remember the demise of the big department stores as they split down into their components.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would definitely not grow and tomatoes in this field:eek:

I can't understand the huge development in solar when wind is such a known and simple technology, especially over here on an off shore island. In Orkney most people have a small wind turbine that feeds into the grid and it produces so much the power line to the mainland can't handle it all, they could produce all the electricity the UK needs with a reasonably small investment. In my book a small turbine at the end of every garden would be far better than solar panels on every roof. No lithium for a start.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Trump and Biden are a big failure in those areas, but at least Biden will have some better people around him. Trump, on the other hand, thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He had some very good advisors in his first term, but he fired virtually all of them. This time around he will only appoint people that are 100% loyal to him, nothing but Yes Men/Women.

On the other hand I would kind of like to see Trump win, just to see if he fulfills his promise to remove the US from NATO.:geek:

I know this is a little on the political side, but don't worry, I hold no grudges against anyone that disagrees with me. I'll still talk tomatoes with you.😍
have you seen Bidens cabinet? How about his press secretary?

Since we now have track records for both, I ask which were you better off with?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I can't understand the huge development in solar when wind is such a known and simple technology, especially over here on an off shore island. In Orkney most people have a small wind turbine that feeds into the grid and it produces so much the power line to the mainland can't handle it all, they could produce all the electricity the UK needs with a reasonably small investment. In my book a small turbine at the end of every garden would be far better than solar panels on every roof. No lithium for a start.
I'm not against natural power sources and personally think hydro electric is the best bet. A well proven track record for that technology on a large scale.

And there's the problem with solar or wind, scale. Neither can reliably power a country, not even a large city. Besides the obvious solar doesn’t work at night, there's also cloudy days and snow fall in a good portion of the world.

Wind is even more finicky. Again the wind doesn't blow every day. It may not blow hard enough but it can also blow too hard and the windmills go into lock down.

That said, just like EVS they can be used effectively in SOME circumstances.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Capitalism is great. Income tax is theft. Globalism is evil......in my book! @Ruderunner

I agree, mostly.

Unfortunately, government needs a funding method and taxes fit the bill. Call it a necessary evil.

But, government should be limited to spending only on a few things. National defense, national infrastructure and things like that.

If someone wants to study the mating habits of mosquitoes in the Saraharn dessert, the government shouldn't stop them, but it shouldn't fund them either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
have you seen Bidens cabinet? How about his press secretary?

Since we now have track records for both, I ask which were you better off with?
I can only imagine what Trump's cabinet will look like in his second term; he won't make the mistake of appointing good people this time, he'll only appoint Yes Men/Women that won't say no to him.

She's a press secretary...who cares? Press secretaries have a tough job, you never see the real person when they are answering questions. I don't have an opinion one way or the other of her.

We hear this question every election year. I'm the same every time this question is asked. I think most of what people react to is not within the power of the presidency. The country is so large and so complex that the president is kind of insignificant on so many matters. I'm not a partisan, so these partisan questions don't affect me. I'm doing fine, whoever is the president

I look at the people Trump appointed in his first term and they were good people, especially the military people (I'm retired military) and I see how he fired them all and has said really bad things about them, that reveals a lot about his character to me. Example: He wanted to shoot protesters in the leg. And so many more examples, but I don't want to rehash them, I've done it enough on another forum that has a Political forum and this site does not, so I'm not going to go thru the laundry list.

Suffice it to say, I'm a RINO that has never voted for Trump and never will.

Ask a Question