Can I move my standard daphne into a large pot?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have googled if I can safely move my established standard daphne into a large pot and it doesn't sound promising. Has anyone any experience with this? I have been in a quandary about what to put into this particular pot. I have taken out the French Lace Hydrangea and all do a sudden my lovely standard daphne is beckoning.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I had wanted to give an advice but I have to see the plant. Yesterday, we had the welcome plant broken in 2, i.e. breaking apart the stems so there will be 2 plants. Growing them in the pot is the standard since they are supposed to be placed by the doorway - the reason why it is called welcome plant. And it brings good luck to the house so the Chinese say.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you have Daphne doing well in the ground, do not disturb it. many Daphne are notoriously temperamental, so a healthy one should be treasured and not stressed unnecessarily. As a general rule, I don't recommend transplanting or re-potting woody plants that are already established; though some types, mostly deciduous, do transplant reasonably well when dormant.
Of course, if you need to remove a plant from a particular spot, then by all means, do try to save it by transplanting, but otherwise,
its wiser to to just buy or grow another plant for the second location.

I believe Chinese Welcome Plant is usually another name for the ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia).

Ask a Question