Can you move a Euonymus plant from full sun to full shade or would it go through shock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very shaded area that I'd like to place some euonymus fortunei gold and emerald in pots this winter, so I'm planning to buy some now as plug plants and put them in full sun around the back of the house to get as much as growth as posssible through the year then move them to the front which is north facing in the winter, would this work out or would they go through some kind of shock going from full sun to almost full shade?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Panda, Euonymus Move Vary easily. I've moved many over the years and never lost one yet. Just make sure you are not Damaging the root when moving & water well after Replanting & all should Be fine;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Golden Wintercreeper (Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald 'n' Gold') in the Bittersweet Family (Celastraceae) is a very tough plant. It grows fuller and more quickly in full to partial sun, but it can also tolerate full shade, at least brighter full shade. The plant will not go into shock from being moved into full shade, but expect growth to be slower, with longer stem internodes and perhaps larger leaves.

Ask a Question