Bunny repellent

Reaction score
This spring I planted carrots and radishes. They're doing fine, but the bunnies have begun to hang around. I do have the area fenced in a few feet high, but I'm wondering if there is anything that can be used as a repellent to keep them uninterested entirely?

Reaction score
I have a perfect idea for you! I have also fenced in my garden to stop rabbits from coming in. However, I have also included CD's hanging off of strings and hung the onto strings going horizontally in the garden. When any animal will come, some of the white light will get distorted and reflect colourful colours. With some wind, the rabbits will get startled and run away!

Reaction score
Great Idea Gardener. I think I've heard of using c.d's to deter small animal. I have a lot of rabbits too. They are the cutest little thieves.

Reaction score
Are you still finding that they are getting in even with the few feet of wiring? I think the CD's are a fantastic idea, they also keep away unwanted birds :)

Reaction score
I haven't tried the CD trick. It does sound interesting. Let us know if they are a success.

I also have two rabbits visiting my garden. I was gong to try tobasco sauce spray (1 tsp per gallon) sprayed on the fence line. Supposedly, the rabbits stop at the fence line to look around before they come into the garden. they will nibble on the weeds, which are sprayed with tobasco sauce, and will not like the taste, so will stay away.

It takes about a week of daily spraying before the rabbits get discouraged.

Ask a Question