Mosquito repellent plant

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I live in a temperate climate zone. In summer and rainy season, my place is flooded with mosquitoes. Since I have land around my house, I want to grow mosquito repellent plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
What I know of a natural mosquito repellent is the neem tree, a small wood with slender stem and lots of green leaves. It is a decorative plant from India. A newspaper columnist for the agriculture section had written that mosquitoes are turned off by the neem tree so it is a natural mosquito repellent. A plant vendor had said that the citronella grass he is selling (planted in a plastic pot) is a better mosquito repellent. However, you have to cut the blades and compress it to let the scent of citronella come out which scares mosquitoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have heard of citronella plant as a mosquito repellent, but not neem tree like Corzhens said. I would plant these two plants first. Also, I found this link on Google search that you could incorporate around your home: http://www.naturallivingideas.com/11-plants-that-repel-mosquitoes/

There are flower and herbs that are not only good for repelling mosquitoes, but will make your place looks beautiful, plus you can eat the herbs too :)

Ask a Question